Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

"Letting it ALL hang out"- Breast feeding in public.

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok! So I've been breast feeding my son with "mostly successful" ventures, but I find that when Breast- feeding in public, and trying to cover him, he just gets uber agrivated... so I've just stared to whip-it-out and feed him without the concern for covering him or myself. Most people don't seem to mind, and can still carry on a conversation with me with my boob just hanging out, but sometimes I get some aweful looks and coments.

So I want to know what you think? what have you done? And should I even care what anyone else thinnks/says?

by on May. 23, 2012 at 7:09 PM
Replies (31-39):
stacy2607
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2012 at 8:12 PM
I still cover up but sometimes Aubrey pulls it off..and when she does, I just leave it off..obviously she doesn't like her face covered..I have yet to get any comments or stares..but if someone were to say something, my reply would be, "do you like to have your face covered when you eat?"
CafeMom Tickers
emmy526
by Member on May. 25, 2012 at 8:20 PM

i did the same thing with 3 kids...it didnt' bother me at all. 

fullxbusymom
by on May. 26, 2012 at 7:33 AM

I breastfeed in public  I don't cover, however, I also don't just whip it out.  I literally only expose my nipple and he latches and no one ever even knows I am breastfeeding.  Not any part of my breast is showing. 

Whipping it out honestly is not right, doing it discreetly and showing little to nothing is far classier.  Is there anything wrong with bf'ing in public hell no but we also don't have to be down right rude and about it either.  

Ginnymarie33
by on May. 26, 2012 at 8:01 AM
I just lift up my shirt from the bottom, you can't see anything . I've never used a cover.
Ginnymarie33
by on May. 26, 2012 at 8:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting fullxbusymom:

I breastfeed in public  I don't cover, however, I also don't just whip it out.  I literally only expose my nipple and he latches and no one ever even knows I am breastfeeding.  Not any part of my breast is showing. 

Whipping it out honestly is not right, doing it discreetly and showing little to nothing is far classier.  Is there anything wrong with bf'ing in public hell no but we also don't have to be down right rude and about it either.  

I'm with you :) never used a cover but just lifted my shirt up and baby and shirt covered all.
motheram
by on May. 26, 2012 at 12:44 PM
I guess you would have to define "letting it all hang out." I expose more of myself when I am sitting in the comfort of my own home. I pull my shirt up and my boob literally all hangs out. I don't cover in public, but I am more discreet. In public I only pull my shirt up enough to get Lucas latched on and am always careful to keep the rest of my breast covered with my shirt.
littlecheifsmom
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2012 at 1:47 PM

i nurse with a small cover to keep ds warm and closer to me as he is small.  when i nurse i try to be decreate as possble, cause with very large breast ds doesnt even cover them., and im not one to show off my goods. but if someone gets flashed cause he popped off or something like that, well too bad.

momma2an_angel
by on May. 26, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Personally.... I see nothing wrong with other people NIP but its not for me. Every time my little ones have needed to be fed while we were out in public I either went out to the car or went to the "nursing mothers' room. Im not comfortable exposing myself in public, and I see breastfeeding as a very personal time between my baby and I and I like to keep it between us. 

WFG2012
by on May. 26, 2012 at 5:05 PM
This but I have been caught with only one shirt before and I just nurse. Im on my third though so I've gotten used to "awkward" looks or comments. Nothung has ever been said or done to me that was flat out negative.

Quoting justone_jen:

I use the double-shirt method, no cover. My baby covers everything with her head, and no one notices.

Personally, I wouldn't give a shit if your boob was exposed, partially or fully. It doesn't bother me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN