Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I need encouragement to keep nursing

Posted by on May. 24, 2012 at 8:37 AM
  • 18 Replies
I'm really sick (strep) and on day 2 of amoxycillan. I'm chasing a 2 year old and nursing my 3 month old. Im just worn out these days.. I'm feeling tired of nursing..as soon as I fall asleep, he wakes up wanting to eat.. Hes going through a growth dpurt do hes nursing non stop.
Please, I know I need to stick with it for my son, so please give me some encouragement.
I just need good vibes & reminders that itll get better lol.
Thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 24, 2012 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SweetDoc
by on May. 24, 2012 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this

You can do it!  Get through it on your own terms for these next few days - meaning, nurse but REST as much as possible, enlist the help of friends or family to help with your two year old so that you can get better.  Seriously, LET OTHER PEOPLE HELP YOU!!!  As a mommy you are always there for your little ones when they are sick, so let others be there for you.  If you work can you take some days off?  If you can stay at home, try "nursing in" for a day to build your strength.  Just lay in the bed and relax all day and have your baby beside you.  Get an army of help to assist with your 2 year old and your other needs - just one day or half a day, or 3-4 hours of this could be a GREAT HELP! Also, you know you can get through this, and nursing is such a wonderful experience.  This is just a bump in the road!!  GOOD LUCK!!!  HUGS!!

Sorry for the rambling, but when I saw your post title I really didn't want to leave you hanging because I know how hard it can get!

LoveMyBugz
by on May. 24, 2012 at 8:59 AM
Thanks. I stay at home & thankfully dh is off work today (problem with the order for his construction project). My mil is too paranoid to come around lol. If anyone is sick she trying go near us or the kids lol. I'm thinking today may be a day in bed with the baby, dog and cats. Thanks so much for your kind words of encouragement.

Quoting SweetDoc:

You can do it!  Get through it on your own terms for these next few days - meaning, nurse but REST as much as possible, enlist the help of friends or family to help with your two year old so that you can get better.  Seriously, LET OTHER PEOPLE HELP YOU!!!  As a mommy you are always there for your little ones when they are sick, so let others be there for you.  If you work can you take some days off?  If you can stay at home, try "nursing in" for a day to build your strength.  Just lay in the bed and relax all day and have your baby beside you.  Get an army of help to assist with your 2 year old and your other needs - just one day or half a day, or 3-4 hours of this could be a GREAT HELP! Also, you know you can get through this, and nursing is such a wonderful experience.  This is just a bump in the road!!  GOOD LUCK!!!  HUGS!!

Sorry for the rambling, but when I saw your post title I really didn't want to leave you hanging because I know how hard it can get!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on May. 24, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Get some rest!!   I know how hard it is to be sick and have to care for others... cure of the mother!   And you're never lucky enough to all be sick at the same time.   

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
faery_mama
by on May. 24, 2012 at 10:34 AM
You can do it. I understand how you feel. There are days I don't want to bf anymore. but I just remember its good for my babies and I love seeing their little smiles whenever they finish eating.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaJones2
by on May. 24, 2012 at 10:35 AM

You can do it :), the strep will clear up soon and you will start to get some energy back. In the mean time do you have anyone who could come chase the 2 yo for you so you can get some rest? Drink plenty of fluids and you will make it through. 

Hang in there 

xomrs.chase
by on May. 24, 2012 at 10:37 AM
Nurse nurse nurse!! Baby needs those antibodies in order to not get sick!

Try nursing while laying down in bed. Bring toys in with you. This is what I do with my ds on sick days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyBugz
by on May. 24, 2012 at 10:40 AM
Dh is home today but honestly he can hardly handle our daughter. He's usually gone all day & gets home just before her bedtime so hes honestly not so much in the know of dealing with her. Hes trying but I still end up doing most of it.

Quoting MommaJones2:

You can do it :), the strep will clear up soon and you will start to get some energy back. In the mean time do you have anyone who could come chase the 2 yo for you so you can get some rest? Drink plenty of fluids and you will make it through. 

Hang in there 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 24, 2012 at 11:17 AM
2 moms liked this

Time for dad to sink or swim. Don't step in and save him with your daughter.. HE has to handle things. Whern you do it, you do neither of them any favors, really.... it's like you doing your childn's homework.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 24, 2012 at 11:23 AM

THIS, hes a big boy..sure he may make mistakes and he may do things different from what you would do but remember these are his kids too..tell him bring me baby to nurse otehrwise I need rest

Quoting gdiamante:

Time for dad to sink or swim. Don't step in and save him with your daughter.. HE has to handle things. Whern you do it, you do neither of them any favors, really.... it's like you doing your childn's homework.

Amberleigh81
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2012 at 11:26 AM
Tell him to take her out! To the park, mall, hardware store... wherever! Then you lay down a rest with baby!

Being sick AND dealing with the three month growth spurt is a lot to handle... just breathe and know both will eventually get better. Don't do anything else but heal yourself and feed baby/ODD. Other chores can pile up for a few days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)