Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I hate my boobs

Posted by on May. 24, 2012 at 7:59 PM
  • 8 Replies
Seriously. Why can't they just overflow with milk? I want to be successful at breastfeeding, but now with the Kellymom growth per week chart, Z is gaining an average of 3.8 ounces per week. WHO wants 5-6, 4 is a bare minimum. He's almost 12 weeks old and still only weighs 8 pounds.

I know y'all are sick of my whining about this. Maybe my body just can't handle EBF. I just don't know how to start supplementing without Zach deciding to refuse the breast. I'm not sure I have it in me to exclusively pump.

WWYD? My mommy sense tells me that we're not headed in a good direction here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 24, 2012 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on May. 24, 2012 at 8:10 PM

What weight did he start at and what was his lowest weight? Do you nurse on demand for as long as he wants. How are his diapers?

hooraywesay
by on May. 24, 2012 at 8:43 PM
From an earlier post

Weight history-

Birth- 6#11
1.5 week- 5#6 (started supplementing)
2 week- 6#
3 week- 6#12 (started weaning from supplements)
5 week- 7# (no more supplements)
7 week- 7#6 (weaned from nipple shield 2 days ago).
12 week- 8 pounds

We get 8+ wets a day (I stop counting at 8, the 8 usually happen from 6am to 6pm). I feel like he's doing great, but my friends all keep saying they're worried that he's still so "scrawny." I think he's gotten longer the last two weeks but not fatter. He does look pretty scrawny, lol. Just need to hear from the objective and like minded ladies :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamabens
by Miranda on May. 24, 2012 at 8:47 PM
2 moms liked this

*I* think you need to ignore those friends & limit contact with them or at the least let them know your child is fine & if they can't keep comments to themselves then stay away, but I'm bitchy. As far as  nursing, he's gaining, don't mess with it. He has plenty of diapers & supplementing will probably rreally screw things up.

SouthTxPrincess
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2012 at 8:56 PM
I agree with pp.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justone_jen
by Jen on May. 24, 2012 at 9:15 PM

I'd probably be worried, too. I think it's just a mom thing. We worry. *hugs*

If you're seeing diapers, I think it's fine. Those numbers are averages (if I remember right), which means there have been plenty of babies gaining less than that, and plenty gaining more. If he's hitting all other milestones, I would think he's okay. I'm no pro; these are just my opinions. :)

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 24, 2012 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd throw out the scale. Serously. It's making you nuts for NO GOOD REASON.

Look at the BABY not the scale. Looking at the scale is missing the forest for the trees. Don't weigh him again unles you see a dipe/milestone problem. COnsider that scale an electric chair in any other circumstance.

moroccanmommy
by Robin on May. 24, 2012 at 9:57 PM
my dd was same way. trust yourself and diapers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 24, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Quoting hooraywesay:

From an earlier post

Weight history-

Birth- 6#11
1.5 week- 5#6 (started supplementing)
2 week- 6#
3 week- 6#12 (started weaning from supplements)
5 week- 7# (no more supplements)
7 week- 7#6 (weaned from nipple shield 2 days ago).
12 week- 8 pounds
His weight looks perfect. PERFECT.
We get 8+ wets a day (I stop counting at 8, the 8 usually happen from 6am to 6pm). I feel like he's doing great, but my friends all keep saying they're worried that he's still so "scrawny."
Those arent' friends. They're people you happen to know.
I think he's gotten longer the last two weeks but not fatter. He does look pretty scrawny, lol. Just need to hear from the objective and like minded ladies :-)

He's FINE. You put him on a scale again, I'm gonna come spank you. I mean that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)