Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

OMG so mad at the WIC office.

Posted by   + Show Post
I took my 2 year old to her WIC appointment today. She turned 2 on March 16th. She was supposed to get her physical today and thwy wanted to giveher sme shots. I told the nurse that I didn't want her getting the shots since she has an ear infection. Then the "nurse" asked me if I still breastfed andI said yes. She said well thats exactly why she is having ear infections because nursing is like drinking out of a bottle and as long as i continue to bf she will continue having ear infections. This is only the 2nd ear infection she has ever had in her life and I told her that. I also told her that I dont believe that and she said it doesnt matter what you believe it is the truth. I wanna scream now i am worried that she is gonna call cps on me because i still bf a 2 year old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 25, 2012 at 6:28 PM
Replies (11-20):
JCHovey
by on May. 25, 2012 at 8:43 PM

The WIC office isn't doctors. They are nurses at the very most. If they call CPS all you have to do is talk to your doctor and have them back you up. Screw the dang WIC office.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

catholicmamamia
by on May. 26, 2012 at 1:03 AM

She is absolutely wrong. 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  and share advice on breastfeeding, babywearing, 
        bedsharing, non-cio. gentle discipline, and natural foods, health, and cleaners! ♥

Sheepy
by on May. 26, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Dear,she is an idiot,The CPS will not do anything,there are people still BF 3 year olds.I seen one lady in wal-mart BF her 3 or 4 year old son right in public!

Capricorn89f
by on May. 26, 2012 at 1:11 AM

wow, that nurse is sooo wrong. I could understand bottles but not BFing. I would call and report that.

Here the WIC office encourages it...they have BFing councelors and support groups...i had/have a woman that calls and checks up about once a month or so to see how im doing and how baby is and if i need anything. they do this even before you have the baby.

larissalarie
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2012 at 1:11 AM
Wow, that is 100% opposite of the truth! Breastfeeding is proven to reduce the incidence of ear infections!
Hopefully somebody will post a link to the research and op can educate her wic office.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mummy1990
by on May. 26, 2012 at 1:15 AM

That nurse...is a fucking idiot. Do not listen to her, she has no idea what shes talking about. I honestly stopped listening to what they tell me there, because when I was trying to breastfeed, I asked them for help, and they told me to make an appointment, nearly a month away, around the time I already had a scheduled appointment...my kid would have starved by then. And then I asked for formula, and they talked all kinds of shit to me, saying I wasn't doing what was best for my child, (which I wasn't, but, they had no right since they didn't want to help). There is nothing wrong with a 2 year old breastfeeding, that shits good for her. I wish I could have breastfed my son till he was 2, but I didn't even get to a month, so you do what you do, and don't listen to anyone else.

momof3_2011
by on May. 26, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Wow! My Wic office promotes BF after 2. I am sorry u had to deal with that and CPS cannot do anything about u bfing. Next time you go get another nurse.

SLOmommy
by on May. 26, 2012 at 1:24 AM
She's an idiot. Just nod and smile so you can get your wic and get outta there lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovingbabyagent
by on May. 26, 2012 at 1:37 AM

wow...it is amazing, the lies they tell us.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 26, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Every time I read stuff like this, I swear that WIC is evil and should be avoided at all costs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)