Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

DD (18 months) LOVES her num-nums and, while she doesn't want to share with anyone (thank goodness for small blessings), she does want everyone to see what wonderful num-nums she has. She wants to pull my shirt and bra up. If she succeeds, she'll either a) nurse on one side and twiddle the other side, b) wave her arms around and make delighted noises, c) leave them alone unless I try to cover them.

She's incredibly persistant about it and makes a huge fuss when she wants to do this and I don't let her. It's uncomfortable, even at home, and although I tell her repeatedly that this isn't allowed, she keeps at it until she's worn me down. I find it very hard to outlast her. I've tried distraction and giving her to someone else but this one's got  persistance oozing out of every pore.

Anything better I can do to discourage this behavior?

by on May. 26, 2012 at 10:56 AM
Replies (11-14):
cabsmom10
by on May. 28, 2012 at 7:45 AM
Declan likes to suck for a few minutes and then pull off, look around or to give smiles...I just pull my shirt down when he does it :p

Terpsichore
by Bronze Member on May. 28, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Moms, thank you for the support and the ideas. I am going to enforce nursing manners and look into getting a nursing necklace she can twiddle with. Now when I start to get lax I can reinforce my resolve by re-reading this thread. girl giving flower

NaturalMamaCZ
by on May. 28, 2012 at 5:14 PM
My son has always done the same thing. I let him. I figure its my issue( or Americans' issues) not his and i am committed to not limiting him because of my issues. So, I work on myself instead of him and am grateful for the teacher that he is. But that's how my dh and I both live our lives, always growing and opening up.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 28, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Don't think of it so much as punishing as enforcing rules. It means being tougher than most of us ever realized going into the mom gig.

Quoting rissamom224:

I think it's easier to tell someone how to punish and teach thier kids then to follow the same rules in thier own home..I know I'd have a really hard time punishing with my milk..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)