Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Now I wish I kept pumping

Posted by on May. 26, 2012 at 6:49 PM
  • 9 Replies
A girl I was friends with in school has a six month old and her baby is not handling formula well (she tried to bf but can't, she had a reduction at 18). I gave her what I had in the freezer but it was only like 40oz. She told me her baby is doing much better, I really wish I did not stop pumping a few months ago so I would have more for her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 26, 2012 at 6:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2012 at 6:52 PM
Have her go onto fb and look up eats on feets in her state and human milk for human babies for her state. Where are you ladies located?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nellyb118
by on May. 26, 2012 at 6:53 PM
Aw,where are y'all?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aandie
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2012 at 7:02 PM
Florida, and I dont think she is comfortable taking bm from someone she does not know.

Quoting nellyb118:

Aw,where are y'all?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annaica
by on May. 26, 2012 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this
maybe she can go to the local lll meetings, meet others and get some more?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on May. 26, 2012 at 7:31 PM

i would definetly encourage her to take milk from other moms. While it may initially be awkward, try to encourage her that its better for her baby. And its worth it if he will be better.

collinsmommy0
by on May. 26, 2012 at 7:35 PM
Does the baby have cows milk protein sensitivity? I agree donor milk is the preferred choice here, but if she can't find any, she may have to use amino acid based formula. There's only 2 on the market - Neocate I think is one of them. They are $$$$
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nellyb118
by on May. 26, 2012 at 8:17 PM
I understand. But if it's best for baby she should consider it.

Quoting Aandie:

Florida, and I dont think she is comfortable taking bm from someone she does not know.

Quoting nellyb118:

Aw,where are y'all?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zannahdeux
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2012 at 8:21 PM
Quoting melindabelcher:

i would definetly encourage her to take milk from other moms. While it may initially be awkward, try to encourage her that its better for her baby. And its worth it if he will be better.

Agree..I am not against formula but I hate how people force it on kids that just dont tolerate it. There are some places and women that are milk bank approved. I have donated to others moms and am in the process of getting milk bank approved. I will donate the min but want momm as to be comfortable with the milk I give them. The banks test for HIV, hep c...all the stuff you worry about....
Aandie
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2012 at 9:20 PM
Idk, I know she said she has tried rx formula I just don't know which one

Quoting collinsmommy0:

Does the baby have cows milk protein sensitivity? I agree donor milk is the preferred choice here, but if she can't find any, she may have to use amino acid based formula. There's only 2 on the market - Neocate I think is one of them. They are $$$$

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN