Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

BS CPS threat :( update! Update 2! Update 3!

Posted by   + Show Post
We are at the drs, 45 minutes early, so he can't call on that one. Just waiting to get called back, and when this visits over we start looking for a new pedi. :( I really hate to, but friday was completely unacceptable.
I almost want to cry sitting here

Update!
Just finished with a new pedi. Hes sting me up with aLC, we are exploring ALL options before formula, IF my supply is too low.

I really hate to do it, but I think I do need to report him. His telling me to give baby water is why he was hospitalized at 4 or 5 weeks old with rsv

Thank you ladies with all the support, advice, and just words of encouragement. Without this group I probably would have given up and been ff

Update 2!
Dh called old peds office to cancel next appt and let them know we have a new dr. they threatened us, AGAIN! Saying that if our new dr doesn't request his file by tomorrow hes turning us in. wtf! What in the hell is he turning us in for? For wanting to breastfeed? For finding a new dr?
Ok..his birth weight was 9 4, 21 inches long. And I do not believe any of his weights in that office are right. He was weighed in every variation of clothed, wet diaper, dry diaper.every thing but totally nude. New dr weighed him today, completely nude, 10 3..said his weight is fine

Update 3
Dh got a phone call today while at work, we now have an open cps case. Old dr has more sent new dr ds2's records yet, and I guess he has a stick up his ass bcuz he called, and we have a meeting with cps in the morning.
Saw LC today..was actually with her when dh called about this cps crap. She gave me her card and told me to bring that and my ppwk from her with me in the morning. To tell them to feel free to call her.
I really can't believe this. I used to love this dr. wth happened to make him this way?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 29, 2012 at 1:04 PM
Replies (11-20):
JocelynsMama1
by on May. 29, 2012 at 1:34 PM

we need more detail I'm sorry darlin

Kitsun
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2012 at 1:38 PM
10 10
Just re weighed with no clothes, dirty diaper tho :/
"he should empty each breast within 15 minutes"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kitsun
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2012 at 1:38 PM
Giving updates as I get them when I can
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kitsun
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2012 at 1:39 PM
I have another post from friday in here with more details, no growth chart tho, sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 29, 2012 at 1:41 PM

baby gained 9 oz in 2-3 days?? CRAZY that is overfeeding, do not give 12 o of formula a day...if baby is not taking enough in then give maybe 8 oz a day maybe but not 12...even 8 seems like a bit much

Quoting Kitsun:

From 10lbs 3oz fri to 10 lbs 12oz today. 8-12 ounces a day was formula all weekend.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 29, 2012 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this

NO timing leads to low weight gain, some babies take longer AND the breast is never empty, it continues to make milk as baby nurses!

Quoting Kitsun:

10 10
Just re weighed with no clothes, dirty diaper tho :/
"he should empty each breast within 15 minutes"

fahmom
by on May. 29, 2012 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I hope you threaten to report him to the medical board and actually do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soulofsunmama
by on May. 29, 2012 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this
You got this mama! Smile, nod and FK him!! You know exactly what you need to do when your done there. What a bully, he doesn't deserve yall as patients!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MWate
by on May. 29, 2012 at 1:49 PM

So sorry that you are having problems with your pedi...it's horrible to have people throw CPS at you like you are a deadly parent. Hope that everything blows over and that your search for a new pedi is successful!

Kitsun
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2012 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this
"he shoud be significantly bigger by this age. Bottle before breast. Every 4 hours. Wake him at night for a bottle. No woman in the world could meet his demand for milk at this point. Hes nursing for an hour bcuz hes sucking nothing"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)