Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

BS CPS threat :( update! Update 2! Update 3!

Posted by   + Show Post
We are at the drs, 45 minutes early, so he can't call on that one. Just waiting to get called back, and when this visits over we start looking for a new pedi. :( I really hate to, but friday was completely unacceptable.
I almost want to cry sitting here

Update!
Just finished with a new pedi. Hes sting me up with aLC, we are exploring ALL options before formula, IF my supply is too low.

I really hate to do it, but I think I do need to report him. His telling me to give baby water is why he was hospitalized at 4 or 5 weeks old with rsv

Thank you ladies with all the support, advice, and just words of encouragement. Without this group I probably would have given up and been ff

Update 2!
Dh called old peds office to cancel next appt and let them know we have a new dr. they threatened us, AGAIN! Saying that if our new dr doesn't request his file by tomorrow hes turning us in. wtf! What in the hell is he turning us in for? For wanting to breastfeed? For finding a new dr?
Ok..his birth weight was 9 4, 21 inches long. And I do not believe any of his weights in that office are right. He was weighed in every variation of clothed, wet diaper, dry diaper.every thing but totally nude. New dr weighed him today, completely nude, 10 3..said his weight is fine

Update 3
Dh got a phone call today while at work, we now have an open cps case. Old dr has more sent new dr ds2's records yet, and I guess he has a stick up his ass bcuz he called, and we have a meeting with cps in the morning.
Saw LC today..was actually with her when dh called about this cps crap. She gave me her card and told me to bring that and my ppwk from her with me in the morning. To tell them to feel free to call her.
I really can't believe this. I used to love this dr. wth happened to make him this way?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 29, 2012 at 1:04 PM
Replies (21-30):
eema.gray
by on May. 29, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Uh, if weight gain actually IS an issue (I'm sorry, I don't remember the back story on your son), then he should be eating every 2 hours, not every 4 hours.  O_O  I'm glad this is the last time you'll be seeing this "doctor!"

Quoting Kitsun:

"he shoud be significantly bigger by this age. Bottle before breast. Every 4 hours. Wake him at night for a bottle. No woman in the world could meet his demand for milk at this point. Hes nursing for an hour bcuz hes sucking nothing"

Write in Jon Huntsman for President

"People no longer trust that their government is working for them. They see the revolving door between Capitol Hill and K Street, the influence-peddling, the backroom deals, and the crony capitalism. 

http://jon2012.com/issues

blg5484
by on May. 29, 2012 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I love my pedi if I EVER had a doctor or medical "Professional" say thing like this to me I would go off let them know they lost a patient and let every one I know know how much they suck as a DRs office that is crazy

Quoting Kitsun:

"he shoud be significantly bigger by this age. Bottle before breast. Every 4 hours. Wake him at night for a bottle. No woman in the world could meet his demand for milk at this point. Hes nursing for an hour bcuz hes sucking nothing"

Jesus Christ, Albert Einstein and Michael Jordan were all breastfed to

age three and beyond. The day YOU have SIX NBA Championship rings and

millions of dollars in endorsement contracts, a Noble Prize in Physics

AND the ability to walk on water, you may make comments.
breastfeeding

mindymay84
by on May. 29, 2012 at 1:59 PM
2 moms liked this
I man! What a fuck head. Pardon my language...but I couldn't think if anything else to describe your doctor. I would be livid
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on May. 29, 2012 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this

WOW this man is an idiot...why could no woman n earth meet his demand right now? Is your child in need of 1000oz a day? I know moms who've made over 90oz a day with NO extra suppliments thats 3 times the norm so WTH is his issue?

Yeah he should be bigger by now, I get that, but I dont think supply is the issue.  I think BABY has an issue.  Bottles are easier.  Every 4 hours is NOT feedinf often enough and there is NO reason to gve bottle before breast.  ANY supplimenting can be done AT the breast in an SNS, which you need to get ASAP or make with medical tubing and a syringe.

You need to find an IBCLC and find one like yesterday, this doctor is horrid

Quoting Kitsun:

ForeverInLove
by on May. 29, 2012 at 2:00 PM

I remember your post.

Did you call CPS to report them for blackmail?

Quoting Kitsun:

To the point he threatened cps and said he'd have him taken away and "given to a family that'll feed him"
This will be our last visit here :(

Quoting makelineerror:

Let me guess, your child's weight isn't lining up with their chart and they're saying you aren't feeding him/her properly?

mommy2b39465
by on May. 29, 2012 at 2:04 PM

One of my friends has dealt with that for every one of her children. She finally has a doctor now who is actually working on a diagnosis instead of just calling CPS for neglect and calling her out in the middle of the clinic in front of other patients. Now that she has a good pedi, they're starting to figure out what's going on. Some type of genetic thing where they don't grow properly until they are about 3 or 4, then they catch up.

Quoting Kitsun:

To the point he threatened cps and said he'd have him taken away and "given to a family that'll feed him"
This will be our last visit here :(

Quoting makelineerror:

Let me guess, your child's weight isn't lining up with their chart and they're saying you aren't feeding him/her properly?

kdgord
by Member on May. 29, 2012 at 2:12 PM
Ugh! I dealt with that same bs last year because my little girly wasn't gaining fast enough. We let them run all sorts of tests and nothing showed up as wrong. She was healthy and happy, very strong, just small and not following the stupid chart. I am so fed up with drs and the stupid growyth charts. No child will grow exactly like another. Saying what they should weigh or gain is like trying to say that all 30 year olds should weigh a certain amount. Hope you can find a pedi that you like!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sreichelt26
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2012 at 3:24 PM

wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong

he needs to be reported

Quoting Kitsun:

Kitsun
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2012 at 3:41 PM
3 moms liked this
Just finished with new pedi, hes setting me up with a LC, gonna explore ALL options before formula, IF hes not getting enough
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by on May. 29, 2012 at 4:20 PM

I'm sorry :   (

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN