Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

BS CPS threat :( update! Update 2! Update 3!

Posted by   + Show Post
We are at the drs, 45 minutes early, so he can't call on that one. Just waiting to get called back, and when this visits over we start looking for a new pedi. :( I really hate to, but friday was completely unacceptable.
I almost want to cry sitting here

Update!
Just finished with a new pedi. Hes sting me up with aLC, we are exploring ALL options before formula, IF my supply is too low.

I really hate to do it, but I think I do need to report him. His telling me to give baby water is why he was hospitalized at 4 or 5 weeks old with rsv

Thank you ladies with all the support, advice, and just words of encouragement. Without this group I probably would have given up and been ff

Update 2!
Dh called old peds office to cancel next appt and let them know we have a new dr. they threatened us, AGAIN! Saying that if our new dr doesn't request his file by tomorrow hes turning us in. wtf! What in the hell is he turning us in for? For wanting to breastfeed? For finding a new dr?
Ok..his birth weight was 9 4, 21 inches long. And I do not believe any of his weights in that office are right. He was weighed in every variation of clothed, wet diaper, dry diaper.every thing but totally nude. New dr weighed him today, completely nude, 10 3..said his weight is fine

Update 3
Dh got a phone call today while at work, we now have an open cps case. Old dr has more sent new dr ds2's records yet, and I guess he has a stick up his ass bcuz he called, and we have a meeting with cps in the morning.
Saw LC today..was actually with her when dh called about this cps crap. She gave me her card and told me to bring that and my ppwk from her with me in the morning. To tell them to feel free to call her.
I really can't believe this. I used to love this dr. wth happened to make him this way?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 29, 2012 at 1:04 PM
Replies (41-50):
Mom2be360
by on May. 29, 2012 at 9:45 PM
A baby water. Nursey water. Rite aid Walmart. Sale that.

Quoting Mom2be360:

I had rsv when I was a newborn and I was premie micro one lb. 8oz. And its from immurte lungs. And but you can give him alittle. Water so he wont get dehydrated and congratulations

Quoting Kitsun:

We are at the drs, 45 minutes early, so he can't call on that one. Just waiting to get called back, and when this visits over we start looking for a new pedi. :( I really hate to, but friday was completely unacceptable.

Update!
Just finished with a new pedi. Hes sting me up with aLC, we are exploring ALL options before formula, IF my supply is too low.

I really hate to do it, but I think I do need to report him. His telling me to give baby water is why he was hospitalized at 4 or 5 weeks old with rsv

Thank you ladies with all the support, advice, and just words of encouragement. Without this group I probably would have given up and been ff

Update 2!

Dh called old peds office to cancel next appt and let them know we have a new dr. they threatened us, AGAIN! Saying that if our new dr doesn't request his file by tomorrow hes turning us in. wtf! What in the hell is he turning us in for? For wanting to breastfeed? For finding a new dr?

Ok..his birth weight was 9 4, 21 inches long. And I do not believe any of his weights in that office are right. He was weighed in every variation of clothed, wet diaper, dry diaper.every thing but totally nude. New dr weighed him today, completely nude, 10 3..said his weight is fine

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MonicaV1982
by on May. 29, 2012 at 9:52 PM

NEVER GIVE WATER TO AN INFANT! Also, I can barely understand what you are writing.

Quoting Mom2be360:

Quoting Mom2be360:

I had rsv when I was a newborn and I was premie micro one lb. 8oz. And its from immurte lungs. And but you can give him alittle. Water so he wont get dehydrated and congratulations

Quoting Kitsun:

Update!

Update 2!

Mom2be360
by on May. 29, 2012 at 9:58 PM
You cangive water a lil I said and just dumb and can't read I'm being helpful. Do what u want. I didn't. Say tap water. Duhhhh

Quoting MonicaV1982:

NEVER GIVE WATER TO AN INFANT! Also, I can barely understand what you are writing.

Quoting Mom2be360:

Quoting Mom2be360:

Quoting Kitsun:

Update!

Update 2!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JocelynsMama1
by on May. 29, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Will you please elaborate on what your old ped said u did wrong or what he said he was going to turn u in for??? 

MonicaV1982
by on May. 29, 2012 at 10:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I can read.   I don't doubt that you're trying to help, but your advice is extremely dangerous. Water is H20--that is all. It doesn't matter if it is "nursery water" or "tap water." The kidneys of infants can not handle water. It is called Hypernatremia.

Quoting Mom2be360:

You cangive water a lil I said and just dumb and can't read I'm being helpful. Do what u want. I didn't. Say tap water. Duhhhh

Quoting MonicaV1982:

Quoting Mom2be360:

Quoting Mom2be360:

Quoting Kitsun:

Update!

Update 2!

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on May. 29, 2012 at 10:07 PM
2 moms liked this
A young breastfed infant should not be given water. It has the same effect as watering down formula: throws electrolytes off and can cause water intoxication in most extreme cases. Nothing is gentler on a sick and compromised baby than breastmilk. Even in the heat of summer, breastfed babies get all of their water requirements from breastmilk. Now an OLDER baby, that will drink from a cup, can have water if additional beverages are offered.

Quoting Mom2be360:

Quoting MonicaV1982:

Quoting Mom2be360:

Quoting Mom2be360:

Quoting Kitsun:

Update!

Update 2!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2be360
by on May. 29, 2012 at 10:13 PM
Ohh ok thanks I didn't know that

Quoting mostlymaydays:

A young breastfed infant should not be given water. It has the same effect as watering down formula: throws electrolytes off and can cause water intoxication in most extreme cases. Nothing is gentler on a sick and compromised baby than breastmilk. Even in the heat of summer, breastfed babies get all of their water requirements from breastmilk. Now an OLDER baby, that will drink from a cup, can have water if additional beverages are offered.

Quoting Mom2be360:

Quoting MonicaV1982:

Quoting Mom2be360:

Quoting Mom2be360:

Quoting Kitsun:

Update!

Update 2!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MonicaV1982
by on May. 29, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Umm, I pretty much said that.

Quoting Mom2be360:

Ohh ok thanks I didn't know that

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Quoting Mom2be360:

Quoting MonicaV1982:

Quoting Mom2be360:

Quoting Mom2be360:

Quoting Kitsun:

Update!

Update 2!

liltrippymom
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2012 at 10:17 PM
I would sue that drs office what assholes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annaica
by on May. 29, 2012 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this
i hope this new doctor is more supportive :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN