Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Meet CafeMom's Featured Mom: Kelseyciarah

Posted by on May. 29, 2012 at 1:06 PM
  • 15 Replies
4 moms liked this

CafeMom is excited to announce a way we're featuring many of our terrific moms. We just launched a new "Mom of the Day" area. Selected moms will respond to our "Mom of the Day" interview questions, and their interviews will then be posted in the group that they spend the most time in.

Our current featured mom is Kelseyciarah, who frequents the Breastfeeding group, as well as a few others.

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far?

I'd probably have to say the moment when I decided that I'd throw out the window all notions of what I THOUGHT was best for my kids, and actually do my homework to KNOW what's best for them and follow through with it.

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom?

I have a private group of young mothers I frequent, but other than that I enjoy the breastfeeding group, and my birth month groups. 

3. What do you like most about CafeMom?

I love having some place to go where there are "been there done that" moms around to share advice, and also to connect with moms just like myself.

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.)

I'll admit it, I LOVE T.V! I catch up on shows when I can, and if I'm not doing that, I'm on Facebook connecting with family.

5. What are your favorites:

Book: Wizard of Oz

Movie: The Labyrinth

Song: Fleetwood Mac-Storms

Place to travel to: I LOVE the mountains being tucked away in the wilderness!

6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why?

Alicia Silverstone! I love her natural way of parenting!

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be? 

Do your own research before listening to other people's advice!

8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up?

Devoted!

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job? 

I wanted to work with animals, I guess I always had the nurturing personality, I NEVER wanted kids or to get married! Now I'm 20, married, with TWO kids, a SAHM, and VERY happy about it!

10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be?

My husband, so he could see how hard I work, and so I could better understand all that HE does.

Now answer her question for YOU:

If you could change the ONE most annoying/unpleasant thing your child does, would you?

by on May. 29, 2012 at 1:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melindabelcher
by mel on May. 29, 2012 at 1:35 PM
3 moms liked this
Whining!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
funhappymom
by Marie on May. 29, 2012 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this

With my older too it would be the constant bickering and fighting some days.

catholicmamamia
by on May. 29, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Great interview.. thanks for sharing with us!

In response to your question.. no, I would not! 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  and share advice on breastfeeding, babywearing, 
        bedsharing, non-cio. gentle discipline, and natural foods, health, and cleaners! ♥

SLOmommy
by on May. 29, 2012 at 5:02 PM
Well I have 3 kids.
DD- No I wouldn't. While her negotiating and not taking no for an answer approach can be frustrating, I know it will be a good characteristic later in life.
DS1- yes I probably would since the only annoying thing he does is throw fits when he doesn't win at something.
DS2- All he does is bf so obviously I wouldn't change that ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AudlyLuvly
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2012 at 5:46 PM
My youngest, her whining.

My oldest, her attitude, but she'll outgrow it, eventually lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyAdri1
by on May. 29, 2012 at 6:06 PM

I can't tell just yet since my little one is 10 months old. I'll try to remember to reply back when she starts walking lol

Kelseyciarah
by on May. 29, 2012 at 6:47 PM

I'll answer my own question! :)

No, I would not change one thing about my kids. Though they get on my VERY last nerve sometimes, and in some ways I do wish they'd never annoy me, I think its something that I would miss terribly!

Just as if my husband is gone over-night, I don't have to deal with his snoring, but I do tend to miss it once in a while! lol

My 19mo son uses me as a jungle gym when he is ready for bed, he crawls all over me like a dog nesting into comfort, VERY annoying! I get elbowed, smacked, pinched, you name it! But he wouldn't be "him" if he stopped:)

proprolife.gif picture by piink-lem0nade

Happily married Mama to one angelbaby, a son born 10-19-10, and a daughter born 3-20-12

nahuatlv
by on May. 29, 2012 at 6:54 PM

No, I think that what I'm anoyed is because I'mnot doing my job as a mom well or undestanding my kid. Sometimes I have to work (at home) and I can't tke care of some need at the moment, but his attitudes are always a clue of what's happening.

paradyxe28
by on May. 29, 2012 at 10:03 PM

well for my daughter the annoying things she does is when she sleepy she will not do anything but cry, whin, and have a fit when she can't get what she wants but I wouldn't change her for who she is. Mommy+Daddy=Kids and there personalty so changing your child is saying that either you don't like yourself or the father of the child but we created our kids and who they are before they got here. 

Jen_Davis
by on May. 29, 2012 at 10:25 PM
I wouldn't change anything about her but I would change things about myself. I think that the things I would list as annoying about her are really just my own shortcomings.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)