Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Losing Weight :/

Posted by on May. 29, 2012 at 10:57 PM
  • 16 Replies

So my DD is 8mo old now and ive gained 10lbs since... im very depressed about my weight lately because im usually weight conscious. Im 5feet tall and currently 140lbs which is way to much for me. I was at my happiest at 110lbs. Well since then ive had twins girls that are almost 3 and our new little one thats 8mo. We live the pacific north west where we have winter 8mo out of the yr so going outside and being active with three kids is nearly impossible, so this is my summer to loose as much weight as i can. But since im breastfeeding is their any concers about loosing weight and how do i approach this issue?

by on May. 29, 2012 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy_4509
by on May. 29, 2012 at 11:01 PM
Just make sure u get the right nutrition . They have a breastfeeding weight watchers program u can do .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wendy1433
by on May. 29, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Thats really good to know... Thank You

Quoting mommy_4509:

Just make sure u get the right nutrition . They have a breastfeeding weight watchers program u can do .

Amberleigh81
by Silver Member on May. 30, 2012 at 1:28 AM
What are you talking about? The Pacific Northwest is the perfect place for outdoor activity! Hiking, biking, rafting, ski/snowboarding, walking, snowshoeing ... I lived there for years and LOVED it! :)

That being said, I did these things while childless. Can you get someone to watch your LOs so you can work out? Husband, family, gym daycare?

Try a yoga or pilates class. Good for lean muscle growth and shaping!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wendy1433
by on May. 30, 2012 at 1:34 AM
1 mom liked this

you just made me chuckle :) in a good way lol... Your right it is the perfect place for someone that doesnt have kids. Also im a big city girl at heart its DH that loves it here and wont move but thats besides the point. Im a stay at home mom and neither of us really have family here and have pretty much been alone raising our kids. Daycare is just to expensive for us so i usually have to convince DH to go on walks with me... I dont know what to do anymore because its very depressing gaining this weight. I really want to try zumba but again i have no one to watch my kids... maybe i should get it for my wii lol 

Quoting Amberleigh81:

What are you talking about? The Pacific Northwest is the perfect place for outdoor activity! Hiking, biking, rafting, ski/snowboarding, walking, snowshoeing ... I lived there for years and LOVED it! :)

That being said, I did these things while childless. Can you get someone to watch your LOs so you can work out? Husband, family, gym daycare?

Try a yoga or pilates class. Good for lean muscle growth and shaping!

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on May. 30, 2012 at 2:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Losing weight (not "loosing"... sorry, the editor in me had to say it) is fine. WEIGHT WATCHERS. Best program out there for nursing moms.

Amberleigh81
by Silver Member on May. 30, 2012 at 7:25 AM
Can your hubbo watch the kidlins for an hour or two a week so you can zumba? That seems fair! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on May. 30, 2012 at 7:32 AM
I bought the home videos for zumba it only cost 100 and I can do it any time that works for me. Before baby #3 that was nap time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wendy1433
by on May. 30, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Haha Thank you for correcting me on that... Im a better speller than that. But thank you i guess i should really consider weight watchers. 

Quoting gdiamante:

Losing weight (not "loosing"... sorry, the editor in me had to say it) is fine. WEIGHT WATCHERS. Best program out there for nursing moms.

wendy1433
by on May. 30, 2012 at 12:31 PM

i wish and i actually thougt about it and its not so much of a good idea because hubs would think i would be there to see someone else, hes such a jelly bean lol

Quoting Amberleigh81:

Can your hubbo watch the kidlins for an hour or two a week so you can zumba? That seems fair! :)

wendy1433
by on May. 30, 2012 at 12:32 PM

oh thats a good idea as well :) thanks for letting me know about that... all i thought about was the wii game since its only like $45 i think.

Quoting melindabelcher:

I bought the home videos for zumba it only cost 100 and I can do it any time that works for me. Before baby #3 that was nap time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN