"Nursing Necklaces or Breastfeeding Necklaces have many additional benefits:
- a nursing necklace is a soothing play toy when child is breastfeeding (stop that annoying "twiddling"!, hair pulling, pinching, BITING, etc.)
- nursing necklaces provide excellent visual and tactile stimulation that furthers cognitive development
- a nursing necklace can provide FOCUS for distractible nurslings
- nursing necklaces can be a teaching tool as mom and child explore colors, shapes, letters, child's name
- when breastfeeding is done, the nursing necklace remains as a keepsake of that special time
- EXCELLENT "quiet toy" for toddlers, under supervision, while out and about."
i want to make something like this one, something with baby oriented beads, rather than the "mamas wearing a normal necklace" kind. and it has a breakaway bead, i don't know how necessary that would be? or how hard to find? i don't think she'd strangle me anytime soon without it, she's just starting to get distracted...anyway, anyone here ever even wear one at all? cause if it didn't help, that would be good to know too!
thanks all, ammasmama