Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

anyone use a nursing necklace???

Posted by   + Show Post
i want to make one, i just wondered if any one had any experience with a homemade one, or wearing one in general..what she may like best, etc...

"Nursing Necklaces or Breastfeeding Necklaces have many additional benefits:

• a nursing necklace is a soothing play toy when child is breastfeeding (stop that annoying "twiddling"!, hair pulling, pinching, BITING, etc.)
  • nursing necklaces provide excellent visual and tactile stimulation that furthers cognitive development
  • a nursing necklace can provide FOCUS for distractible nurslings
  • nursing necklaces can be a teaching tool as mom and child explore colors, shapes, letters, child's name  
  • when breastfeeding is done, the nursing necklace remains as a keepsake of that special time
  • EXCELLENT "quiet toy" for toddlers, under supervision, while out and about."

i want to make something like this one, something with baby oriented beads, rather than the "mamas wearing a normal necklace" kind. and it has a breakaway bead, i don't know how necessary that would be? or how hard to find? i don't think she'd strangle me anytime soon without it, she's just starting to get distracted...anyway, anyone here ever even wear one at all? cause if it didn't help, that would be good to know too!
  thanks all, ammasmama

by on Apr. 30, 2007 at 4:07 PM
Replies (11-13):
savermommy
by on May. 18, 2007 at 1:34 PM
I just recently had ine custom made on ebay..I thought of making it myself but realized that would never happen. I've got a 3 year old and a 4 month old. I have no time for anyting..But i hope it works when i get it.
MommytoAbigail
by on May. 18, 2007 at 2:19 PM
I made one but it doesn't really intrest my daugher.  She'd rather have my hair or stop nursing to try and put the beads in her mouth, so we dont even bother anymore.
bhwrn1
by on May. 18, 2007 at 2:20 PM
Wow, what a great idea! I am certainly interested in this!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN