Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

owwwwww!

Posted by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 8:19 PM
  • 11 Replies
My boobies are KILLING me after my son eats and whenever my supply is building back up. I get sharp shooting pains all thru my breast

He will be a month old Sunday and im just now noticing it.. Something to worry about or not?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Patience909
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 9:29 PM
Too me that's sounds like thrush but I may be wrong , I' m new to bfing! I've been dealing with thrush off and on
collinsmommy0
by Gold Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 9:30 PM
My guess is thrush also. One symptom is sharp, shooting pains deep in your breast.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DamiensMommy1
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 9:32 PM
Yikes! Do i need to go to ER over the weekend or wait till Monday? Im worried now :-\

Quoting collinsmommy0:

My guess is thrush also. One symptom is sharp, shooting pains deep in your breast.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
McM0609
by Bronze Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 9:33 PM
Yep its thrush. Try mixing in a spray bottle half vinegar half water and spray ur nipples after every feeding and let them air dry. Thats what I did and I was better within 3 days. GL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Patience909
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 9:36 PM
No need to go to the ER if you can handle the pain! Look up natural ways to treat a yeast infection in your breast to hold you off till Monday! Make sure you treat baby as wel even if he doesnt show signs of it!
DamiensMommy1
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 9:40 PM
I will try this... Thank you!

Quoting McM0609:

Yep its thrush. Try mixing in a spray bottle half vinegar half water and spray ur nipples after every feeding and let them air dry. Thats what I did and I was better within 3 days. GL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DamiensMommy1
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 9:41 PM
Are there things i can do at home for him?

Quoting Patience909:

No need to go to the ER if you can handle the pain! Look up natural ways to treat a yeast infection in your breast to hold you off till Monday! Make sure you treat baby as wel even if he doesnt show signs of it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kyndiesmommy
by Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 9:46 PM
I have that happen all the time since DD2 was born and she is now 6 mths. It isn't thrush for me. I figured out, it happens around the time she is supposed to eat. I'm talking about the sharp shooting pains. They come and go and they aren't real painful
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jun. 2, 2012 at 12:57 AM

That's not thrush. Just part of the normal course of your body figuring things out. It's letdown pain. Nurse on demand, pump only for relief. This too shall pass.

DamiensMommy1
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 11:22 AM
Im gonna go to the Dr just to make sure its not baby doesn't have it but my nipples are red and swollen. I hope its not :)

Quoting gdiamante:

That's not thrush. Just part of the normal course of your body figuring things out. It's letdown pain. Nurse on demand, pump only for relief. This too shall pass.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)