Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Why do babies pinch so hard when they nurse

Posted by   + Show Post
Im nursing my six month old and he grabs the skin on my arm and pinches over and over it hurts. He's like a kitten ....why do they do that ??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 10:52 AM
Replies (11-18):
WouldLove2Bpg
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 1:38 AM
I have heard nursing necklaces do wonders!! Might want to try one! :)
blg5484
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 1:58 AM

DS swings his arm and slaps my boob or if DD is nursing to he bops her in the head He also pulls her hair DD was my pincher

JaxMomma78
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2012 at 2:05 AM
haha i posted something similar the other day. mine smacks me over and over, sometimes hard! when he is rough i pull him off and firmly say "no" then i take his hand and show him "gentle". he is getting better, i have also tried giving him something to play with. today he has discovered my mouth and my teeth haha.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicky2911
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 2:46 AM

This plus I used to practically give my dd manicures. I would cut her nails down as far as I could without going to the point of discomfort and then gently sand her nails down with an emery board. Doing it while we nursed actually kept her hands busy because she found it so interesting that I was messing with her fingers. She never lets me do it nowadays lol.

Quoting terracottamomma:

It is normal... don't suffer needlessly... genlty take his hand and open it up show him how to gently stroke and touch you say "Be gentle" repeat it when he is nice... it can take a month or two but he will catch on.  Offer other soft toys or a nursing necklace as an alternative for him to squeeze and pinch... really it isn't neccessary to let him do this be consistant and he will learn.

ivilayla
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 8:37 AM

I don't have one and haven't looked but I know what they are. I know you can find them online, probably on Amazon or something, but idk of any stores. I'm thinking about looking into one after reading some of these replies

Quoting TheBabyFactory4:

Mine too. I have scratches all over my boobs. And I bled the other day. But what's w nursing necklace and where do I find one? My bestie suggested one when I posted on fb about it.

Quoting CharmingPsycho:

Quoting ivilayla:

mine grabs my boob!!!! I think its some sort of comfort thing. She does the same thing while shes falling asleep. She'll grab and pinch at my skin

My son too!! It's worse when he's sleepy...

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
ktinaza
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 8:50 AM
Ds does that too. He pinches hard and flys his hand all over and hits over and over. But he is easily distracted. If his brother or anyone is noisy he stops nursing then gets back on and its on and off until they go away.

Quoting JaxMomma78:

haha i posted something similar the other day. mine smacks me over and over, sometimes hard! when he is rough i pull him off and firmly say "no" then i take his hand and show him "gentle". he is getting better, i have also tried giving him something to play with. today he has discovered my mouth and my teeth haha.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ty355172
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 9:51 AM
I weaned almost a month ago, and dd still reaches into my shirt and pinches my nips when shes tired...its nuts...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
asmalltowngirl
by Member on Jun. 3, 2012 at 9:55 AM
you can use any sturdy necklace

Quoting TheBabyFactory4:

Mine too. I have scratches all over my boobs. And I bled the other day. But what's w nursing necklace and where do I find one? My bestie suggested one when I posted on fb about it.

Quoting CharmingPsycho:

Quoting ivilayla:

mine grabs my boob!!!! I think its some sort of comfort thing. She does the same thing while shes falling asleep. She'll grab and pinch at my skin

My son too!! It's worse when he's sleepy...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)