Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

shipping milk!

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 6:57 PM
  • 4 Replies
I need help! I have been storing milk for my cousin who is 31 weeks pregnant and most likely going to deliver in the next couple days because of pre-e and she also has kidney disease :( I have been storing milk for her because she is worried that she will have trouble pumping, or she will be put on medications that will not be safe for baby.

I need to send the milk out on monday just in case and I need to know how to package the milk so it doesnt thaw. I know to send it over-night but it is going from IL to FL so I want to make sure it stays frozen!

What do I need, and where do I get it??
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 6:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SAHM927
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2012 at 7:36 PM

BUMP!

ranawen
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 7:42 PM
I think you may want to get a styrafoam box and maybe some ice packs. My parents used to ship live fish in bags in theboxes with a cardboard box overnight all over. So maybe that would work for you too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jun. 2, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Dry ice is usually best, in Styrofoam. That's how I shipped mine years ago. Everything is available at supermarkets.

Contact FedEx for any additional guidelines that may have come up in the past decade.

SAHM927
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2012 at 9:40 PM
Thank you. I will be picking this up tomorrow. Well ice on monday :)
Quoting gdiamante:

Dry ice is usually best, in Styrofoam. That's how I shipped mine years ago. Everything is available at supermarkets.

Contact FedEx for any additional guidelines that may have come up in the past decade.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN