Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

cry cry cry

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 8:47 AM
  • 11 Replies
Yesterday we left our 8.5 mo old for the 1st time with my brother and his wife. We expected her to cry a little since she is a mommy addict but she cryed the whole 2 and a half hours we were gone. she refused the bottle. how is she ever going to get use to other people taking care of her when I go back to work in a few months? I posted about this before but it took me months just to get her use to her own father taking care of her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 8:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
weezer_cookie
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Just give him time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Jun. 3, 2012 at 9:00 AM
You'll just have to do it in smaller amounts more frequently. Like 30 minutes a few times a week. If it were me, I would start working on it now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CarCal
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 10:08 AM

My daughter is a mommy addict. Right around that 8 month mark, she became super attached and hated anyone even coming near her. She would slap them away and cry to me. She learned to say mama because she would say it frantically if anyone held her! (even aunts, uncles, grandparents!, people she knew!) At any rate, this last week and she's 10 months old, I handed her off to a childcare worker at church and she didn't throw a fit or cry. She was totally fine! It will just take time, some take longer to get over it. Most of the time, they will cry when you leave, but be fine once you are gone. As long as they offer a bottle, I wouldn't worry about the feeding. Baby will make up for it once you're reunited. Just stay upbeat when you say goodbye and don't stick around and make a long drawn out goodbye.

moroccanmommy
by Robin on Jun. 3, 2012 at 10:27 AM
Yes ive been going to the gym and she lasted 10 min then 20 and after a month 30 min before they've came for me. Im trying to train her.
Yesterday my dh wanted a movie date. I think i better find a provider and start her in sept pt morning...then slowly add more.
Just worried

Quoting larissalarie:

You'll just have to do it in smaller amounts more frequently. Like 30 minutes a few times a week. If it were me, I would start working on it now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Machelle669
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 10:37 AM
bump

melindabelcher
by mel on Jun. 3, 2012 at 10:44 AM
:(
Thats so hard. I always have mommy addicts. If you know where/who well be caring for her when you return, id start transitioning her with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoyfulMommy1221
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 12:10 PM
This is the time in a baby's life when they become really clingy. Your dd is learning about object permanence and that she isn't a part of you. My dd went through that stage and it was rough, but given time she learned that I always come back. Now she is two and she willingly leaves me to go with our family members. She will say I go too when they are over and it is time for them to leave lol.

Time will help, so will short good byes, short practices, and leaving a comfort item.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jun. 3, 2012 at 12:49 PM

You said for the first time... how well does she know them? If they've only popped in and out of her life for short periods up to now, that can make a real difference. Mine knew my parents as well as me when I went back to work at ten weeks.

moroccanmommy
by Robin on Jun. 3, 2012 at 12:57 PM
My brother and his wife are pretty much my only family. I have one grandma that is 80 and one aunt. My dh family is in Morocco. They have seen dd at least 1-2 times a month since birth. She has never went to ANY one. I see what mean. Just cause i know them does it means a lot to the little 1.

Quoting gdiamante:

You said for the first time... how well does she know them? If they've only popped in and out of her life for short periods up to now, that can make a real difference. Mine knew my parents as well as me when I went back to work at ten weeks.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicky2911
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 11:21 PM

My dd used to do that when she went through the clingy phase. Even people she saw all day every day (daddy, grandma and grandpa since we live with them) she would freak out if they tried to touch her. Now though sometimes she will reach for them from my arms or even push my hands away when I try to take her from them. This too shall pass, momma.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN