Meet CafeMom's Featured Mom: MonicaV1982
CafeMom is excited to announce a way we're featuring many of our terrific moms. We just launched a new "Mom of the Day" area. Selected moms will respond to our "Mom of the Day" interview questions, and their interviews will then be posted in the group that they spend the most time in.
1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far?
Either the last day that I had to supplement with formula, or when my daughter started laughing.
2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom?
3. What do you like most about CafeMom?
The knowledge and encouragement by the moms on the Breastfeeding Moms group!
4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.)
When I do get a moment, I try and clean. I do spend time online, but I do that with my daughter as well. It's just her and I for a bit longer, so I try and include her in most of my activities.
5. What are your favorites:
Book: "Oh, the Places You'll Go!" by Dr. Seuss
Song: Nothing specific
Place to travel to: Victoria, BC and Vancouver, BC. I've never been outside the Pacific Standard Time Zone
6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why?
Hilary Duff and Mayim Bialik (sp). They both seem pretty down to earth.
7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be?
Own your parenting decisions, but keep an open mind to other ideas. When in doubt follow best practice advice (if there is any). Aside from abuse and neglect there is not bad parenting decision.
8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up?
9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job?
I wanted to be a lot of things: doctor, director, etc. I'm a stay at home mom right now.
10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be?
No one. I'm happy being me! I'd be happy to spend time with people in various locations to be able to have the experience, though!
Now answer her question for YOU:
How do you deal with family or friends questioning your parenting choices?