Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Playtex drop ins?

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:22 PM
  • 6 Replies

I'm breastfeeding (pumping mostly) and I've decided to use Playtex Drop Ins... I was wondering if I could use a bottle warmer to heat them up. I like to pre-make my bottles for less hasstle and our tap water doesn't get hot enough to warm them up unless I leave it in there for 5 minutes (just too long for DS to wait) lol. Our microwave is pretty insufficiant as well. The bottle warmer is great works in 60 seconds, what if I just didn't leave it in there as long and I put the cap on the bottom so the liner wouldnt be so close to direct heat? Any one try this or do it?

by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Never microwave breastmilk!

Yes, you can put those bottles into the bottle warmer. You do not need to put the cap on the bottom, just sit it in there like any bottle.

shortijess20
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:45 PM
As long as the warmer says safe for disposable bottles. I had a warmer that melted the bottle & the bag. I found one at walmart that has been working this time. I've even thawed & warmed frozen in the drop in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amberleigh81
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:47 PM
I microwave water then put my bags in that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:49 PM
Any possibility we can help you directly breastfeed so you don't have to worry about pumps & bottles?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_4509
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:50 PM
You've got to watch heating the liners , they could burst . I only used playtex dropins with my son and now using them with m DD . Over heating a liner it will burst . Also some warmers won't work on dropin bottles . I usually just use warm water and put the bottle in warm water to heat up .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jpwpmommy
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:22 PM

I wasn't going to microwave my milk, some people microwave the water in a bowl to put the bottle in.

Lol. Okay, I just tried it and it got way hot, so I'm just going to take it out early.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN