Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Complaining

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 2:45 AM
  • 18 Replies
I am so tired! I can't sleep @ night! I NEVER sleep more than 2 hrs without waking up. I haven't gotten much closer to weaning. I thought my relapse was almost over (I have MS) I have been off steroids for almost a week and already some of my symptoms are coming back! I started my period today, Avery is nursing like the world might end tomorrow.... My nipples are so soar! I am frustrated! I just want ONE restful nights sleep.

**Btw... Is Ambien or any other sleeping pill safe for breastfeeding?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 2:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jun. 13, 2012 at 2:55 AM
1 mom liked this

The period will make that happen. Is dad about? He gets wakeups... the only exemptions are for those who operate heavy machinery or have lives in their hands.

kiralyn
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 2:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry, honey. Wishing for some rest for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jun. 13, 2012 at 2:55 AM
1 mom liked this

By the way... remember survival methods... you do NOTHING not required for survival.

justone_jen
by Jen on Jun. 13, 2012 at 2:56 AM
1 mom liked this

*hugs*

battisarah
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 2:57 AM
He is working out of town mon-fri for a while :(

Quoting gdiamante:

The period will make that happen. Is dad about? He gets wakeups... the only exemptions are for those who operate heavy machinery or have lives in their hands.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
battisarah
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 3:08 AM
Are there any safe sleeping pills (prescription or otc) safe while breastfeeding?

Quoting gdiamante:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 3:10 AM
Hugs! I'm sorry. I hope you get some rest tonight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jun. 13, 2012 at 3:10 AM
3 moms liked this

With dad away I would not touch a sleeping pill with a ten foot pole, even without breastfeeding. You might not wake for an emergency.

battisarah
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 3:12 AM
Your right about that. He will be home on Fri though, would it be safe to take one that night?

Quoting gdiamante:

With dad away I would not touch a sleeping pill with a ten foot pole, even without breastfeeding. You might not wake for an emergency.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gailll
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 3:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Rest when your baby rests. Get help with the house. I've been there. When I was nursing my youngest I was on IV steroids when he was born and again for 3 weeks when I got pneumonia and septicemia when he was a month old. I continued on 80 mg of prednisone and couldn't go lower because of my asthma. I also have arthritis, fibromyalgia, common variable immune deficiency, graves disease, migraines, and other autoimmune issues. I had to wean off the prednisone slowly. He weaned when I was sick right before he turned 3. Until then he slept with me and nursed a couple of times at night. I could nurse him but he decided I was no fun and went off to have fun with his two older brothers (8 & 11). He started sleeping in their room then too. I nursed his brothers longer but I was so tired and I had been healthy when I nursed them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN