Took Joseph to Nemours clinic in Jacksonville to see a GI today. They came highly rated. I left there so mad I was in tears. Here are a few things I was told by a Dr and a dietician
1. I need to not nurse at night. If he cluster feeds give a bottle of pumped milk instead. And if he wakes to nurse, let him cry it out. He might cry for an hr or so but he needs to learn to not get fed
2. You can't feed him every hr. It takes 2 hrs for your breast to fill up so anytime he nurses before that he isn't getting milk and its just comfort nursing (then why can I feel my milk let down and see milk come out???)
3. A tight frenulum will not cause poor latch and low weight gain.
4. Why don't you want to use formula?
5. Your baby nurses so much because he is too attatched to you. You need to night wean him *and* space out his feedings to at least 3hrs apart.
6. The 1-1.5 oz/hr of BM while away from me doesn't apply to older babies and at 9 mos Joseph should be taking larger feedings at daycare.
these are just some of my favorites. There was also the mention of vitamins and my milk is deficient and that I need to fortify my milk with a calorie booster and give vitamins. I am sure I will think of more later.. I am just so angry right now!!
Just thought you ladies would love to hear these!