Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Any mamas on weight watchers?

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:51 AM
  • 10 Replies

I'm due on the 25th and I'm and counting down the days till I can start weight watchers again. I know they have a program for nursing moms but this lady at work (you know the type that has advice for EVERYTHING) says that it will hurt my milk supply.. has anyone had this issue? My goal is to get back on a week after my son is born. Ive gained so much weight I'm depressed. I thought about joining now because really i think I would still be getting enough yummy food in, it would just make me eat more healthy.. I know its lame. I have the hardest time choosing healthy food (fruits and veggies) over crap food. any advice would be helpful. Thanks a bunch! 

by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kimbyann
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:34 PM
If its specifically for nursing mothers I don't see the harm
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:36 PM

I was on it after I had both my older kids. I lost the 20lbs i was looking to lose and never had a problem with milk supply. Weight watchers is a great program but you will have to have the will power and resolve to eat healthy, including fruits and veggies :)

They will not let you join while your pregnant.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Ignore the lady at work. Yes, WW works. NO, it does NOT impact supply.

shelley11709
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:48 PM
It doesn't hurt supply. If you have issues with your supply at all you can use more of your weekly points or add a couple daily points. I did weight watchers and lost 35lbs. No issues with my supply at all
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hjanss01
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Ive done weight watchers before and did awesome! Its just once I got preggers I started craving everything naughty and fell off the wagon.. waiting there was no falling I face planted off of the wagon. I know once I start eating fruit and veggies I will start craving them.. its just getting to that point again.

Quoting melindabelcher:

I was on it after I had both my older kids. I lost the 20lbs i was looking to lose and never had a problem with milk supply. Weight watchers is a great program but you will have to have the will power and resolve to eat healthy, including fruits and veggies :)

melindabelcher
by mel on Jun. 15, 2012 at 2:09 PM
I totally get that :)
I love my junk food. Part of the reason ww worked so well for me was cause I hated weighing in in front of everyone! So embarrassing to gain!!!

Quoting Hjanss01:

Ive done weight watchers before and did awesome! Its just once I got preggers I started craving everything naughty and fell off the wagon.. waiting there was no falling I face planted off of the wagon. I know once I start eating fruit and veggies I will start craving them.. its just getting to that point again.

Quoting melindabelcher:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hjanss01
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 4:02 PM

lol thats exactly the reason it worked for me before lol

Quoting melindabelcher:

I totally get that :)
I love my junk food. Part of the reason ww worked so well for me was cause I hated weighing in in front of everyone! So embarrassing to gain!!!

Quoting Hjanss01:

Quoting melindabelcher:

audmom1218
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 4:07 PM
I have to also share the fat2fitradio program. They have a lot of letters from listeners who have had success losing weight through weight watchers and maintain by using their principles for lifestyle change.

I downloaded a ton of podcasts and listen in the car. They also have great tools to help you find a realistic goal weight and the calories you need to eat to get there. And it's free!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jun. 15, 2012 at 5:07 PM
Yes, ignore her. The thing that impacts supply the most is hydration.

Quoting gdiamante:

Ignore the lady at work. Yes, WW works. NO, it does NOT impact supply.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
staciababy
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Are you kidding? Weight Watchers will actually help your supply! It encouraged more fluid intake and ensures that you aren't eating a bunch of garbage. Pay no attention to people that have negative things to say about breastfeeding unless you know it to be researched and true based on that research. Think about it, how can drinking an adequate amount of fluids and eating healthy foods hurt your supply?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)