Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Watch your language (about breastfeeding)

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 8:38 PM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this
A friend posted this to fb and I really enjoy the read so I wanted to share.

http://www.motherchronicle.com/watchyourlanguage.html

Can someone please make a clicky link?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
BridgetMc
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 9:43 PM
Bump for clicky, please?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rachel0610
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 9:51 PM
BridgetMc
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:09 PM
Thanks so much!

Quoting Rachel0610:

Clicky

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faith610
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Love it!!!!!!!!!

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:17 AM
This is very true. I'm sure painfully so for those who have struggled and were not met with support. Too many health care providers, as well as the general population, still consider breastfeeding as a personal lifestyle choice instead of the lifelong health issue that it really is. Once upon a time, every human baby thrived on human breastmilk (either natural mother's or another mother's) and now the number of babies receiving any breastmilk at a year is around 10%?!?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BridgetMc
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 10:55 AM
It is amazing how different things sound when you flip the norm. I think there would be major backlash if the medical community began telling women "the dangers of formula feeding." And it's just highly unlikely since most doctors think formula is the answer, not a problem.

Quoting mostlymaydays:

This is very true. I'm sure painfully so for those who have struggled and were not met with support. Too many health care providers, as well as the general population, still consider breastfeeding as a personal lifestyle choice instead of the lifelong health issue that it really is. Once upon a time, every human baby thrived on human breastmilk (either natural mother's or another mother's) and now the number of babies receiving any breastmilk at a year is around 10%?!?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jun. 16, 2012 at 11:08 AM
Yep. :-(. But "the dangers of formula feeding" is actually the accurate statement.

Quoting BridgetMc:

It is amazing how different things sound when you flip the norm. I think there would be major backlash if the medical community began telling women "the dangers of formula feeding." And it's just highly unlikely since most doctors think formula is the answer, not a problem.

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:10 PM
Yes, it is.

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Yep. :-(. But "the dangers of formula feeding" is actually the accurate statement.

Quoting BridgetMc:

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN