Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms
Dd (7.5 months) got her first tooth last week or so. She learned to bite a few days ago so I took her off, said no, waited a minute and continued. I really think she understood. BUT yesterday we went out of town to our new home where we will be 3 or 4 days a week every few weeks for work. She only peed three times all day (not even heavy diapers) and nursed only four times. The other times I offered she just bit me instead, despite being taken off and told no. The way she was acting I really think she's out of sorts. She nursed all night long and doesn't want me to even walk out the room.

Do you think this will get easier for her? How do I get her to nurse more when she only wants to bite?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 8:59 AM
Replies (11-12):
dietsunkist
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 9:12 AM
I think she ended up having 4 diapers and when we got back to where we are staying she nursed quite a few times and all night so I'm not worried anymore! She bit me twice yesterday (while smiling and staring at me lol) but both times she was distracted so I think I'm catching on

Quoting aehanrahan:

Keep offering and don't give solids if she doesn't nurse. She only NEEDS the nutrition and hydration of your milk right now. If she nursed a couple times, that's good. How are her diapers? 4-5 is ok by her age.

Quoting dietsunkist:

She's refusing solids too! I got her to nurse twice in 30 mins just now so in hoping I can get her to stay hydrated. It's very hot where we are!

Quoting aehanrahan:

Keep offering frequently. Is she getting anything else?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jun. 17, 2012 at 11:17 AM
Oh, good! :-)

Quoting dietsunkist:

I think she ended up having 4 diapers and when we got back to where we are staying she nursed quite a few times and all night so I'm not worried anymore! She bit me twice yesterday (while smiling and staring at me lol) but both times she was distracted so I think I'm catching on

Quoting aehanrahan:

Keep offering and don't give solids if she doesn't nurse. She only NEEDS the nutrition and hydration of your milk right now. If she nursed a couple times, that's good. How are her diapers? 4-5 is ok by her age.

Quoting dietsunkist:

She's refusing solids too! I got her to nurse twice in 30 mins just now so in hoping I can get her to stay hydrated. It's very hot where we are!

Quoting aehanrahan:

Keep offering frequently. Is she getting anything else?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)