Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Weight gain!

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 8:11 PM
  • 12 Replies
So happy!! Dd is 3 weeks old, born at 7.7 oz, left hopsital 3 days later at 6.12 oz... Today she's weighing in at......
9.1!!! I'm so happy! I was worried something would go wrong and shed loose weight or not gain and be told to supplement. I was worried about this my whole pregnancy. I was only able to bF ds for 1 week before i ended up back in the hosptial for 5 days without him. Due to the infections and how sick i was my supply went away right away. I kept pumping but never worked. I'm so happy im able to do it this time! Just wanted to share and say thanks for all the advice and help you ladies have given me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 8:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cabrandy03
by Brandy on Jun. 18, 2012 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Yay!

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jun. 18, 2012 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow, fantastic job there, mama! You can officially stop worrying. Though us moms find that hard to do. ;-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jun. 18, 2012 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Great job! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
funhappymom
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this

That's awesome!!

melindabelcher
by mel on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:20 AM
Thats a huge gain!!! Way to go! He'd only be expected to be just over birth weight. Golden mommy milk :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
girllovescamo
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol, my doctor Joked im making cream lol

Quoting melindabelcher:

Thats a huge gain!!! Way to go! He'd only be expected to be just over birth weight. Golden mommy milk :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Jun. 19, 2012 at 12:49 PM
yep :) great job!

Quoting girllovescamo:

Lol, my doctor Joked im making cream lol

Quoting melindabelcher:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jun. 19, 2012 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Just don't freak out if/when the gain slows and don't let anyone else freak you out. The AVERAGE gain is one pound a month and she has greatly exceeded that so far. She may gain smaller amounts, then gain a bunch again and that's fine. Babies grow in spurts, not constantly. That's why we talk about the average gain to look for. 

girllovescamo
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 3:28 PM
Thanks for the heads up. :)

Quoting aehanrahan:

Just don't freak out if/when the gain slows and don't let anyone else freak you out. The AVERAGE gain is one pound a month and she has greatly exceeded that so far. She may gain smaller amounts, then gain a bunch again and that's fine. Babies grow in spurts, not constantly. That's why we talk about the average gain to look for. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jun. 19, 2012 at 3:34 PM

You're welcome! : )

We get a lot of moms in here saying that their babies aren't gaining enough because they didn't gain as much between check ups as they had previously. Just think... If your baby keeps gaining at this rate, you would need a forklift to pick her up soon. ; )

Quoting girllovescamo:

Thanks for the heads up. :)

Quoting aehanrahan:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN