Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

naked nursing....

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:27 PM
  • 71 Replies

my 19 month old daughter wants to nrse completly naked. an I mean I dont mind, we are home I let her get naked and nurse. but I was just woundering if any one elses does this ... also if I dont let her she has a fulll dlown melt down , crying and all upset.

Edit** she doesnt try to get naked in public only at home lol. Just woudnering if any one else kids do this or done it.

by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melindabelcher
by mel on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:29 PM
Not here :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillybug222
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:32 PM
Is it after a bath or like in the middle of the day & she wants to take her clothes off to nurse? That seems like a bad habit & one I would not allow in toddler. After a bath--not a big deal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsRinehart2010
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Quoting melindabelcher:

Not here :)

I have noo clue why she likes to be naked while nursing lol , she started this about a week ago lol.

K8wizzo
by Kate on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope.  I'd treat that like any other nursing manners issue.  If you don't want her to nurse naked outside your home, tell her that and if she throws a fit, no nursing until she has calmed down (and is fully clothed).  There's nothing special about nursing that exempts bad behavior related to it from discipline.

MrsRinehart2010
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Quoting lillybug222:

Is it after a bath or like in the middle of the day & she wants to take her clothes off to nurse? That seems like a bad habit & one I would not allow in toddler. After a bath--not a big deal.

no its just middle of the day lol. I personally dont mind because she doesnt try it when we arent at home jsut when we are home.  Im a sahm and so I dont mind. 

She is pretty much strictly bf due to a rythmic issue and can not take bottle orsippy and has never had one since birth because of the issue. So Im a her main source of liquid for the most part she gets some stuff out of anopen cup but its still some thing we are working on becuase of her rythimic issue. So I kind oof just accomidate her as far as nursing.

also  my oldest went threw a phase where she always wanted to be naked when home but she grew out of it  :O)

ashleywagoner
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this
No, and honestly I wouldn't let my almost 22 month old do that. It's kind of weird IMO, no offense. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsRinehart2010
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Quoting K8wizzo:

Nope.  I'd treat that like any other nursing manners issue.  If you don't want her to nurse naked outside your home, tell her that and if she throws a fit, no nursing until she has calmed down (and is fully clothed).  There's nothing special about nursing that exempts bad behavior related to it from discipline.

She doesnt try to do it any other time except for at home lol. as far as the last part I HAVE to nurse her she was born with a rythimic issue with her tounge and cant take a bottle or a sippy.   so Im pretty much her only source of liquids at the current time she is working on open cups threw home therapy but no nursing is her only option beside ending up dehydrated an in the hospital :O( .  But no its not soo much a problem as jsut curiousity if any one elses babys did it lol. luckly she only does this at home though.

MrsRinehart2010
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Quoting ashleywagoner:

No, and honestly I wouldn't let my almost 22 month old do that. It's kind of weird IMO, no offense. :)

no it doesnt offend me at all. lol we are very open with our children , it doesnt bother me if they run around the house at this age naked lol my daughter is soo tiny you would think she was way younger any way if you seen her she is only about 22 ish pounds, and the hight of a 9 month old lol.  but no what works for some family doesn alwayswork for another so no it doesn offend me at all lol

soulofsunmama
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:42 PM
2 moms liked this
I was always running around naked at that age, my parents gave up trying to keep cloths on me. I think its totally fine and normal, as long as there isnt a big deal being made out of it, it doesn't become one. And for the record I keep my cloths on now
:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jjchick75
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Sometimes after we take a shower they'll(I have 21 month old twins) nurse naked but other than that no. Last week one of them was in the hospital with pneumonia and she wanted to do everything naked for a day or two there because she had a fever and was hot. But other than that can't say I have dealt with that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)