Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I have a question, kind of OT.

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:39 PM
  • 30 Replies

Hw many kids do you want? How many kids do you have? Why did you choose what you have chose?

I have 3 kids and I really want more. I have heard from some moms who are in the same situation as me and would like more kids. I have heard from other moms who have had however many and are completely done....no question in their mind....they are done! I have a 5 1/2 yr old, 4 yr old and a 22 month old. I thought I would just want two. I always knew kids were hard work, but never knew the extent until I had my own. I never knew how much sleep I would loose, and how I would long for some quiet time, and some adult conversations being a sahm. Yet, I never knew how in love with each kid I would be, and the joys of hearing their laughing and playing. I never knew how much those cuddles and kisses would mean....I never knew that it would feel so wonderful to be their mom, someone who no could ever replace. Evern with all of this, how hard it is, and how great it is, I still want more, and I dont' know if I ever will feel done. I think I may always also wonder if there is someone missing because we decided to stop having kids. Does that make sense? Where do you stand? What are your thoughts on family size and your reasoning or feelings?

juliakf333. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MumsTheWord571
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:41 PM
We have 2. A boy & a girl. We are done. DH had a vasectomy. When our youngest is 5 or so we will adopt a child.

DH wants to return the favor since his mom was adopted. I've always wanted to adopt. I hate being pregnant and we feel that 2 is perfect.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:42 PM

and to add... because I am a mom that is very involved, it does also overwelm me to have more. I love the sibling relationships, and love the dynamics of a large family, but part of me is scared of being pulled too thin and not having enough of me to go around....there sure will be enough love, but there is only one of me, kwim?

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

We have 2. A boy & a girl. We are done. DH had a vasectomy. When our youngest is 5 or so we will adopt a child.

DH wants to return the favor since his mom was adopted. I've always wanted to adopt. I hate being pregnant and we feel that 2 is perfect.

oh yes, thats also what is on my heart.... I really want to adopt, but I dont' want to give up having biological children just yet either. I do like being pregnant and giving birth, but my last pregnancy was very hard on me.

jen7865
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:45 PM
Im pregannt with my first i think i wnt one more
MumsTheWord571
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:45 PM
I have 9 younger siblings and DH has 6 siblings and we both felt that we didn't get enough of our parents' exclusive attention. We feel that as we are now + our future adopted child will be perfect.

Quoting Precious333:

and to add... because I am a mom that is very involved, it does also overwelm me to have more. I love the sibling relationships, and love the dynamics of a large family, but part of me is scared of being pulled too thin and not having enough of me to go around....there sure will be enough love, but there is only one of me, kwim?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JJSMOMMYxox
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:47 PM

I have one. I want 4-5. DH wants 2-3.

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:51 PM
I have one 15 month old dd. We weren't trying, but we also weren't preventing lol. At the time we were financially stable enough for a baby. If it were up to me, I'd love one more, sometime soon. Unfortunately we're having some pretty bad financial troubles, so another baby right now just isn't an option. As soon as we're stable again, hopefully we'll have one more. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:55 PM

thanks for pointing that out. I was thinking maybe 4, and if we want more when the kids are older and are in a better place (house adn financially we would adopt. Also, I want to homeschool, so I think that would help solve the not enoug attention thing, especially since they won't be gone for half of the day.

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

I have 9 younger siblings and DH has 6 siblings and we both felt that we didn't get enough of our parents' exclusive attention. We feel that as we are now + our future adopted child will be perfect.

Quoting Precious333:

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:55 PM

We wanted two. Not gonna happen. That's the hand life dealt us and that's fine.

It's never having what you want, it's always wanting what you've got.

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Quoting gdiamante:

We wanted two. Not gonna happen. That's the hand life dealt us and that's fine.

It's never having what you want, it's always wanting what you've got.

yes, a thankful heartis a happy heart :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)