Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I have a question, kind of OT.

Posted by   + Show Post

Hw many kids do you want? How many kids do you have? Why did you choose what you have chose?

I have 3 kids and I really want more. I have heard from some moms who are in the same situation as me and would like more kids. I have heard from other moms who have had however many and are completely done....no question in their mind....they are done! I have a 5 1/2 yr old, 4 yr old and a 22 month old. I thought I would just want two. I always knew kids were hard work, but never knew the extent until I had my own. I never knew how much sleep I would loose, and how I would long for some quiet time, and some adult conversations being a sahm. Yet, I never knew how in love with each kid I would be, and the joys of hearing their laughing and playing. I never knew how much those cuddles and kisses would mean....I never knew that it would feel so wonderful to be their mom, someone who no could ever replace. Evern with all of this, how hard it is, and how great it is, I still want more, and I dont' know if I ever will feel done. I think I may always also wonder if there is someone missing because we decided to stop having kids. Does that make sense? Where do you stand? What are your thoughts on family size and your reasoning or feelings?

juliakf333. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Replies (21-30):
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Quoting MommyJill87:

We have 3. I want 1 more for sure 2 even....but I think we are done. We don't want to be much older than we are now having more kids and our house is too small, bills are too high kind of thing. Dh has an appointment next month to get a referral for the snip. :(

we are in a similar situation, although I dont' know how many more I want, but I know I want atleast one more...and it would be nice to be even. DH said he's going to get snipped but has not yet. We live in a tiny house, but make it work, and we have a lot of debt, but we have been credit card free for like 3 or os years now! I have also been working, so that has helped a bit. Anyways, I am going to talk to DH about having another one soon because I like them close in age, and plus there will always be the bills, and all thosee other circumstances, but a child is irreplaceable, kwim? Our third was unplanned and at a really hard time in our lives, but we made it work, and I'm soooo thankful for him!

MommyJill87
by Jill on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Yes I know what you mean. I don't feel "done" yet but idk.

Quoting Precious333:

Quoting MommyJill87:

We have 3. I want 1 more for sure 2 even....but I think we are done. We don't want to be much older than we are now having more kids and our house is too small, bills are too high kind of thing. Dh has an appointment next month to get a referral for the snip. :(

we are in a similar situation, although I dont' know how many more I want, but I know I want atleast one more...and it would be nice to be even. DH said he's going to get snipped but has not yet. We live in a tiny house, but make it work, and we have a lot of debt, but we have been credit card free for like 3 or os years now! I have also been working, so that has helped a bit. Anyways, I am going to talk to DH about having another one soon because I like them close in age, and plus there will always be the bills, and all thosee other circumstances, but a child is irreplaceable, kwim? Our third was unplanned and at a really hard time in our lives, but we made it work, and I'm soooo thankful for him!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
birdiemom
by Allison on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:36 AM

I have 2, a 12 year old DD and 4 month old DS. We aren't sure what we want at this point, so more is always an option. We'll still have an open bedroom once DS is in his own room.

mama02040608
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:34 PM

I know it is 100% possible to have more, but I felt I had dodged a bullet 4x.  I had no excessive scarring, no complications to really speak of.  I felt lucky and blessed to have my 4 healthy babes and a healthy me...and my uterus is still where it's supposed to be.  I've cared for women who have had 5,6,7,8 sections without incident, but it was just a fear I couldn't shake.  I'm good with it (most of the time).  My kids are getting older and more independent and giving me more time to breathe :)

Quoting Precious333:

Quoting mama02040608:

We have 4. I would have had more if a) I hadn't had c/s and b) we had started earlier. We have agreed that we are finished and I am mostly happy with that decision.

My mom had 4 cisec. The last one was planned with a tubal because the doctor said it was too risky to have more. When I started having children and doing more research on child birth etc. my mom said that she did wish she could have had more. There was a story in a parenting magazine I recieve who had 9 c-secs!

by Beckie on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:36 PM

We have 2 - DD is 11 1/2 and DS just turned 4.  I'd love to have another, maybe even two more, but DH doesn't.  Kinda stinks, but that's life.  :/

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Jun. 20, 2012 at 7:58 PM

completely understand. C-sec are major abdominal surgery!

Quoting mama02040608:

I know it is 100% possible to have more, but I felt I had dodged a bullet 4x.  I had no excessive scarring, no complications to really speak of.  I felt lucky and blessed to have my 4 healthy babes and a healthy me...and my uterus is still where it's supposed to be.  I've cared for women who have had 5,6,7,8 sections without incident, but it was just a fear I couldn't shake.  I'm good with it (most of the time).  My kids are getting older and more independent and giving me more time to breathe :)

Quoting Precious333:

Quoting mama02040608:

We have 4. I would have had more if a) I hadn't had c/s and b) we had started earlier. We have agreed that we are finished and I am mostly happy with that decision.

My mom had 4 cisec. The last one was planned with a tubal because the doctor said it was too risky to have more. When I started having children and doing more research on child birth etc. my mom said that she did wish she could have had more. There was a story in a parenting magazine I recieve who had 9 c-secs!

angelbabies14
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:32 PM
I have 3 children. 1 is a SD and I have one girl, one boy. I am done. I had a tubal a year and a half ago. My babies destroyed my uterus. DD was 11 lbs and DS was 9lbs 10 oz. he was taken early too. I already was told many years ago I couldn't have children. Now that I have what I do I'm not going to risk having more. My uterus is too scarred for it to be safe, especially with a history of large babies. Would I like more? I don't think so. My son has very severe food allergies and it keeps me very busy!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SchmidtyBaby
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 2:54 PM
This has been on my mind lots lately. My doc said we could try again when dd is 6 mos. I'm assuming this is because I am 40 y.o. And had no problems with dd except she was breach so had her c section. One is fun but would 2 be really hard? I'm not sure. My sisters are my best friends and want ds to have that too. DH isn't sure. He isn't close with his brother so he doesn't get it. I think about how hard it would be to chase a toddler while pregnant and lose interest. Also I worry about how to pay for college if I have 2. I got AF for the first time today so it is really on my mind:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I can say that I feel so happy to have my brothers and sisters! What I would do without them!??!?!?  I would much rather have a built in at home playmate a friend than for my parents to pay for my college tuition (which they did not). I don't think paying for college is mandetory to having children (imo), but it is nice for the hard working children whose parents can do that for them.

Quoting SchmidtyBaby:

This has been on my mind lots lately. My doc said we could try again when dd is 6 mos. I'm assuming this is because I am 40 y.o. And had no problems with dd except she was breach so had her c section. One is fun but would 2 be really hard? I'm not sure. My sisters are my best friends and want ds to have that too. DH isn't sure. He isn't close with his brother so he doesn't get it. I think about how hard it would be to chase a toddler while pregnant and lose interest. Also I worry about how to pay for college if I have 2. I got AF for the first time today so it is really on my mind:)

connorsmama06
by Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:28 PM
W have three and are done. Two boys and a girl.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)