Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

No Pacafire for us sadly

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 3:22 PM
  • 25 Replies
My daughter refuses to take a Pacafire shedid take one when she was first born an that was nice but nope not anymore she's 4 months an I really want her to take 1 is there anything I can do to get her to take 1 ?
CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tansyflower
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 3:30 PM

why do you want her to take one?

Gorton16
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 3:31 PM
Its handy an I read it reduces SIDS but I'm not going to force it on her
CafeMom Tickers
astridnermal
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 3:33 PM
My son is four months also and never wanted one. Its one less thing to take away is.how.I.see.it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
K8wizzo
by Kate on Jun. 20, 2012 at 3:34 PM

My kids never took one past 7 weeks. *shrug*  At least I didn't have to break them from it.  4 months is a crazy growth spurt, hang in there and she'll be done with the all.the.time nursing shortly.

lilydoyle
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Most bf babies don't like paci's. If she doesn't want one, she doesn't need one. Don't worry about it!

larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 4:01 PM
I think that is more true of formula fed babies who have a higher risk of Sids than a breastfed baby.

All you can do is offer and try different brands, but otherwise you can't make her take one. None of my kids cared for pacifiers which didn't bother me any. Good luck.

Quoting Gorton16:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 4:21 PM
My dd came home from the hospital using one and was a regular binky "addict". At 4 months old she refused it one day and never took it again.

I much prefer that to my ds1 who didn't start taking one until 4-5 months old (when I went back to work) and then I had to take it from him at 2 1/2.
Young_Mommy89
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 4:22 PM
I only use NUK, dd would only use them & broke herself at 5 months.

Ds, I only offered after a few days of nursing so that it would maybe lower the chance of nipple confusion. NUK is made for breastfeeding moms anyway. Sometimes he will take it sometimes he won't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 4:23 PM
3 moms liked this
Quoting Gorton16:

Nursing baby to sleep has the same effect :-)

Keeping baby close to mom and nursing frequently during the night is th original protector of SIDS. Or, perhaps that is what is normal for human infants nd when you bottle feed and/or have them sleeping separate from mom, not waking to feed so much during the night, that SIDS INCREASES.
louise1212
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 4:26 PM
My dd takes one every once in a while but mostly chews on it these days. 6months
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)