Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I got called-out by a very small-minded person today!

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:15 PM
  • 27 Replies
3 moms liked this

I was nursing at the park while watching my 4 yr old play with her friends on the toys. I was off to the side, slightly behind a wall under a tree, sitting on a blanket chatting with my friend and watching her play with her baby. A woman came up and told me "This is not your house. Show some decency and cover your disgusting spectacle. THERE ARE CHILDREN HERE!"

I was so stunned I said "I'm nursing my BABY, are you seriously telling me I can't feed my kid while watching my other kid play?" and my friend piped up with "we know our rights, we are legally ALLOWED to do this here." I honestly don't remember what else she said other then repeating her mantra about saving the children from my scandelous nudity before she huffed off.

Now after this, my friend and I laughed, and chatted about how ignorant she sounded, and we both stared at her, trying to figure out which kids were hers that she was trying to 'save' from seeing me. To be fair, there was a pack of 7-9yr olds running rampant, but none of them even glanced towards me. They were on the far side, on the big kid area. Our kids were in the sand on the verge of the little area. Turns out her kids were around 3 and aorund 1 (based on my guesses!)

Sheesh

by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xomrs.chase
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Oye people suck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annaica
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:17 PM
I would say I am doing her kids a favor lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
K8wizzo
by Kate on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:18 PM
2 moms liked this

Of all the breastfeeding women in the world, she picked YOU to confront Niki?  That cracks me up! ;)  You're awesome! <3

ShesALady
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:18 PM
Didn't you know boobs were made for men's pleasure? Not for babies. Silly girl.

(what a jerk btw)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fmacmillan
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:20 PM
She is obviously uneducated on the Benifits of breastfeeding and very insecure, she really should be ashamed of herself for acting like that expecialy infront of children! She was the one not being decent!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Beccahairlady
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:21 PM
2 moms liked this

I feel sorry for her kids having to learn behavior from someone like that.

Wendykay1
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:22 PM
2 moms liked this
I would pulled my whole shirt off in front of her and nurse my child and if she said anything else I would have called the cops and say Im being harassed. course I can't own this as my own idea. my friend actually did this at an amusement park when she had a similar run in with an old man who told her to put her its away!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:22 PM
Yikes! Well just ignore ignorance :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Avetay
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:24 PM
Dump people
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kris_PBG
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:25 PM
She is an idiot.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN