Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I got called-out by a very small-minded person today!

Posted by   + Show Post

I was nursing at the park while watching my 4 yr old play with her friends on the toys. I was off to the side, slightly behind a wall under a tree, sitting on a blanket chatting with my friend and watching her play with her baby. A woman came up and told me "This is not your house. Show some decency and cover your disgusting spectacle. THERE ARE CHILDREN HERE!"

I was so stunned I said "I'm nursing my BABY, are you seriously telling me I can't feed my kid while watching my other kid play?" and my friend piped up with "we know our rights, we are legally ALLOWED to do this here." I honestly don't remember what else she said other then repeating her mantra about saving the children from my scandelous nudity before she huffed off.

Now after this, my friend and I laughed, and chatted about how ignorant she sounded, and we both stared at her, trying to figure out which kids were hers that she was trying to 'save' from seeing me. To be fair, there was a pack of 7-9yr olds running rampant, but none of them even glanced towards me. They were on the far side, on the big kid area. Our kids were in the sand on the verge of the little area. Turns out her kids were around 3 and aorund 1 (based on my guesses!)

Sheesh

by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:15 PM
Replies (21-27):
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Jun. 22, 2012 at 12:23 AM
It always shocks me that some people think they have some kind of right to behave this way toward other people. I just can't imagine thinking its ok to try to embarrass someone in this way. I would be horrified if my CHILDREN behaved that way. Who teaches their kids it's ok to do this? What other groups of people does this woman target?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaughterHugs
by Silver Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 12:36 AM
2 moms liked this

this is how 'covered' i was.......not at all, and you could still see nothing! (even from above)

just out of curiousity, why is it a problem when not using a cover to NIP, for you personally?

Quoting shortimicmama:

I dont have a problem with it as long as their covered! But amen for you and your friend for standing up for bf!

For these hot summer months, swimming with baby is easy as pie if you use either a WATER SLING, a WATER WRAP, or a WATER POUCH

3 months                        3 weeks                      10 months

kate_m.
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 1:26 AM
I wish I could master the two shirt deal! I can't though!!! But I like my cover so it works for us. Sorry you were confronted like that!! People never cease to amaze me!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rose87
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Quoting fmacmillan:

She is obviously uneducated on the Benifits of breastfeeding and very insecure, she really should be ashamed of herself for acting like that expecialy infront of children! She was the one not being decent!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shortimicmama
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 9:05 PM
Well see that I can understand. You dont see anything.

Quoting LaughterHugs:

this is how 'covered' i was.......not at all, and you could still see nothing! (even from above)

just out of curiousity, why is it a problem when not using a cover to NIP, for you personally?

Quoting shortimicmama:

I dont have a problem with it as long as their covered! But amen for you and your friend for standing up for bf!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShadowLark
by Silver Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 11:01 PM
The ignoramus who lives downstairs from me did the same thing! She thinks I'm wrong for nursing a TWO MONTH OLD on my own front steps! I hate her!
Her stupid bullying has me feeling like a first timer all over again. I keep expecting a fight every time I nurse anywhere! It sucks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amberleigh81
by Silver Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 12:47 AM
Oh, the nudity! My virgin eyes!

I would have REALLY exposed my booby to that old witch! ;p
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN