Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

breast pump question

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 12:07 AM
  • 5 Replies

I wanted to ask before I run out and spend $30 this question.  I have had very poor output when using the madela electric pump from the hospital.  I have been renting it and get about .5oz from both breasts combined over 48 hours.  Is it possible that I might be able to get more out using a manual pump???

by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 12:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jun. 22, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Some women do better with an Avent Isis (that's the ONLY pump I'd buy in that price range). And some women do better with manual expression. I'd google Marmet Technique and try hand expression before buying a pump at all.

Keep in mind that best pump output is in the morning. It will decline in the afternoon and at night, to the point where it's not worth it.

Kirven3
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 12:47 AM
How old is your baby? And when are you pumping
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robbiesmommy99
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 12:55 AM

she is 8 weeks old an honestly, I pump about 4 times a day as I want to build at least a small stash for if I am ever away from her.  I do get most of what I pump in the mornings.  The rest of the day it is mostly just drops.  But I can get streams of milk of them when I use my hands.

Robbiesmommy99
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 12:56 AM

what about the lanisoh pump?  no good?

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jun. 22, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Lansinoh is OK. But if you do better with your hands I'd stick with that and put the cash in the college fund. You don't need a huge stash, even if you were going to work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN