Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

He wants me to WEAN my 10 month old by July 7th!!!

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 5:23 PM
  • 79 Replies

So first my boyfriend was never supportive of my breastfeeding, his family didnt, and his one sibling who he adores, abhores breastfeeding, saying "its just unnatural". When i came into this relationship i was 8 months into breastfeeding my first child and no one said a word to me about it. I weaned her at 11 months as a personal choice not to continue to the full year.

So when i had my 2nd daughter, his first, i of course planned to breast feed and want to do it AT LEAST until she is a year. I also want to keep at least one brest feeding until she is two. because Crohns disease has wreaked havoc on his sister and he is showing early signs of it. And breastfeeding specifically helps with Crohns. And he springs it on me the other day that he wants to take her, at 10 months, to another state to visit his father in prison (i cant go because his sister physically attacked me while i was pregnant and i no longer feel safe around her (i also dont want her around the girls alone but with our 2nd DD he has say sa and will probably do what he wants down there) so i am expected to wean her for this trip! Its insane!!!!

I understand wanting to take her down there but he just up and tells me to wean her. (Im not doing it) we dont live together and he has visitation but not court ordered because his 'lawyer' hasnt set up a date. But i'm sorry im not weaning my daughter so his father, who made his decisions knowing full well he could go to jail, wants to see her. Im not risking her getting a horrible debilitaing disease like Crohns if i can help it, I try to talk to him and he doesnt want to hear it, i acnt pump because first i dont ever pump and 10 months in with less than 2 weeks notice i couldnt make enough extra to feed her for the three days and two nights.

Am i being selfish? I mean his father 'trafficed' drugs from state to state for many years to support his gambling addiction, am i bitch for thinking that i am not going to hurt my daughter by weaning her early for a grown ass man who made his own decisions.

Also last time my LOVELY boyfriend went down there he was my fiance. When he came back he DUMPED me and kicked me out with my two kids a week before Christmas, we are currently doing well and in couples counciling and i worry this will be December all over again, so thats the selfish part, that i dont want him to break up our family again

~*~Allie~*hugs~

by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Salz
by Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 5:25 PM
4 moms liked this

That's not selfish, that's thinking in the best interest of your baby.

BrownEyedGirl86
by Bronze Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 5:26 PM
3 moms liked this
No freakinf way would I do it and I wouldn't let him go alone esp w the shit he did before not to mention what if he doesn't bring her back ??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cabrandy03
by Brandy on Jun. 22, 2012 at 5:30 PM
5 moms liked this

Not selfish a all, even if your baby wasn't breastfeediing anymore I wouldn't let her go.  His family dosn't sound like safe people for your child to be around!

TimeEnough4Love
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 5:31 PM
8 moms liked this

I dont think you are being selfish. you are being smart. I would put my foot down and tell him, no travelling. 1,That baby doesnt need to be in a prison anyway. 2, due to dietary needs, she cant be taken that far. 3, he cant tell you to quit breastfeeding ever. You are that child's food source. Do what you see fit, but i would tell him to take a hike and if he doesnt like it then he can see a judge and have them TELL you that you have to stop breastfeeding your child like a loving mother, so that her father can take her off on some random trip.

norwgnwood
by Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 5:32 PM
13 moms liked this

Your boyfriend is a douche. No one and I mean NO ONE would ever take my babies away from me for any length of time like that. Especially not to visit anyone in jail. Tell the bf to take a picture of your DD or better yet take a hike!

Anyone who calls breast feeding unnatural has the IQ of a fossilized turd.

tansyflower
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this

do you have a custody order set by a judge?

Aandie
by Bronze Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I dont even think they will let your child in the prison, AFAIK unless its the childs mother or father that is the inmate the child will not be allowed in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
egrzesik91
by Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 5:35 PM
13 moms liked this

Why the fuck are you with him? 

liltrippymom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 5:35 PM
2 moms liked this
I would tell him to shove it up his ass. Lol and no u are not selfish
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicollynne
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 5:36 PM
3 moms liked this

I don't understand how he can say it is unnatural.  How does he think women fed their babies before there was formula?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)