Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

When did your lo sleep through the night?

Posted by   + Show Post
Ds just turned 8 months and he's still not sleeping through the night. In fact, he gets up between 2:30-3am and won't go back to bed. He goes back to sleep but he sleeps on me all night. We curl up on the couch or chair&automan together and he sleep/eats.
I tried chamomile tea, 3oz and idk if I didn't make it strong enough but it didn't work at all. :-/
Advice?

Ps: there's no way to cosleep in the bed, please don't even suggest it.
Thanks -_- <(zzz)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 8:07 AM
Replies (91-92):
Hyman
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 9:58 AM
I cannot read all replies, but I feel I have to warn you that if you're very drowsy and have a chance of drifting of to sleep as your son is sleeping, the chair/couch is so dangerous.

You're better off creating a safe cosleeping environment. So you both can fall asleep and wake up well rested.

I've slept with my son in bed with my husband and I since birth. And I think that's why he is such a good sleeper. He has slept through the night since he was 3 months (starting around 2'ish months). But he does nurse at night and neither of us wake up for that. He has nursed with both of us not waking up forever though. That's why I love bed sharing. I always am rested.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Poisongirl98
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 10:43 AM
First was 8 months. He was bottle fed BM and took a pacifier and fell asleep on his own from like 9 weeks on. DD (who is BF) just did for the first time a few nights ago and again last night...she'll be one on Thursday. I'd highly suggest reading the No Cry Sleep Solution. What I think helped DD is not waiting until she was fully asleep to put her down, which sometimes means unlatching her, so she knows she's going in her crib. Otherwise when she wakes up between sleep cycles she wakes up fully thinking "how the hell did I end up in here?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)