Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I think I'm done breast feeding... :(

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 9:00 AM
  • 6 Replies
So my son is almost 8 months but I'm pregnant with baby #2. I'm in morning sickness phase and am barely eating enough for myself let alone a growing baby and to breast feed. So my milk dropped I was nursing 2 times a day, and supplementing with formula mixed with coconut milk. (higher calorie) (my son when he nurses hates waiting for the hind milk and would stop nursing when the formilk was gone, so he is 13lbs at 8months). This morning there is no milk and there was hardly any last night. I am hoping to keep trying. I wanted to make it to a year, but the new baby needs all the nutrients I can give it. (I'm 2months pregnant).

Any advice is welcome. I just wanted to vent. He was also ebf until 7months. So at least I did that...
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jun. 24, 2012 at 9:08 AM
Huga momma, pregnancy is a supply killer. If he wants to nurse there are benefits. He needs to have donor milk or formula of some kind til a year coconut milk is not enough!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Poed0216
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 9:13 AM
I wish I knew more about it to help you but I'm just not that experienced :(
So here's a bump and hopefully some of the ladies in here can provide a little guidance. Good luck and congrats on the pregnancy ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fortressmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Go check out kellymom.com.  They have an entire forum for those who are nursing while pregnant.  Congrats on your newbie!!!

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jun. 24, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Huga momma, pregnancy is a supply killer. If he wants to nurse there are benefits. He needs to have donor milk or formula of some kind til a year coconut milk is not enough!

It's formula mixed with coconut milk.

But OP, you're doing all that can be done at this point. There *is* a supplement called More Milk Two, I believe (tabi?) which could help with amounts.

GE1
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 11:08 AM

First of all congratulations for reaching 7 months of EBF and 8 months with supplementing. I don't know what I can offer you at this point. Here is a hug as well as a BUMP and congratulations on the pregnancy

NollynsMommy14
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 11:11 AM
I had morning sickness while pregnant horribly lost ten lbs and continued to nurse. Just take your vitamins, your body knows what to do
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)