Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Clear-cloudy looking breastmilk--normal?

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 11:20 PM
  • 4 Replies
I've been researching and it sounds like I just have a lot of foremilk, but I wanted to hear from some experienced moms and not just read off the Internet. He's gaining weight appropriately and has plenty of wet/dirty diapers. I guess I just need some reassurance since I forgot to ask his pediatrician today. He nurses for long periods of time and I don't switch sides til he finishes on one. Again, I guess just some reassurance. Please and thank you!

***IT'S NOT AN ALL THE TIME THING!! I'VE ALSO SEEN THE THICKER, WHITER HINDMILK. IT'S NOT ONLY CLEAR OR WATERY***
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 11:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Did the milk come from your breasts? If yes, then it is perfect for your baby :-)

Don't worry about what it looks like. It can look different every time. Keep in mind that when you are breastfeeding directly, you have no idea what it looks like. What if you breastfed at the breast 100% and never saw your milk in a bottle? You'd look at your baby, see he's gaining weight and is healthy and think, no worries! Same thing here. Just pump the ilk, use it, and ignore what it looks like.

lovemyairman150
by Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 12:57 AM
Oh yes, it's only from my breast, I don't pump. I've just been worried b/c my SO's auntie tried telling me about how her DIL's milk was "clear" and that her baby was "starving" b/c her DIL wasn't eating right and that's why her milk was like that. Smh.

Quoting maggiemom2000:

Did the milk come from your breasts? If yes, then it is perfect for your baby :-)

Don't worry about what it looks like. It can look different every time. Keep in mind that when you are breastfeeding directly, you have no idea what it looks like. What if you breastfed at the breast 100% and never saw your milk in a bottle? You'd look at your baby, see he's gaining weight and is healthy and think, no worries! Same thing here. Just pump the ilk, use it, and ignore what it looks like.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilydoyle
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 12:59 AM
It is normal. bm is different for everyone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jun. 26, 2012 at 1:37 AM

All normal! You'll even see tinges of colers from time to time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)