Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Weird or normal ?

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 7:49 AM
  • 14 Replies
My 3 year old DD loves breasts.. My boobs mostly but she talks about others people's as well.. She was breast fed but started to stop at 8months then fully stopped at a year.. So she loves to see my boobs and she asks to touch them.. I tell her they are private and I only share them with her and daddy to see.. Sometimes I let her touch because I think she is just curious.
At the store one day I was leaning over looking at something and she was right under me so she must have got a good boob view and she said "mommy remember when I eat from you boobies mmhhmm that was so yummy" very loudly.. I thought it was hilarious. But I told my mom and she said she shouldn't be saying things like that!
What she said doesn't bother me, I'm glad she remembers and had good memories.
But I just wonder if her talking about my boobs and seeing them or asking to touch is a problem that I need to stop ? I am very open with my body with her.. I undress in front of her all the time .. Do I need to stop ?
Sometimes she asks to drink from them and I tell her there isn't any milk left. Should I be covering up in front of her or is this normal ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 7:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
workinm0mmy
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 8:08 AM
My dd is 8 and I still don't cover up around her. I don't have experience w what your describing exactly though since she was never bf. it sounds normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
feralxat
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 8:12 AM
2 moms liked this

Normal. Next you will get to hear the bodily function jokes.

BridgetMc
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 9:04 AM
I'm impressed that she remembers! I'm super modest so that wouldn't be ok with me but if it works for your family then I see no reason to change.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
asmalltowngirl
by Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 9:07 AM
2 moms liked this
My dd ( she's 4) is obsessed with making jokes about farting and pooping on people! It only gets worse as they get older and the imagination gets better...lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hriabywx4
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 9:08 AM
IMO normal. My son weaned at 28 months and was fascinated with my boobs for the longest. He has recently asked that I not changed infront of him, he will be 5 in two weeks. I think it's wonderful that she is so comfortable with you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pampire
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this

So completely normal - though her memory does seem to be exceptional!  That's gonna be fun as she gets older!

Needlesmama
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 6:32 PM

My DD is almost 20months and she is constantly trying to stick her hand down my shirt and pinches my nipple if she gets the chance or squeezes whatever part she can get a hold of and she has been weaned for 7-8months...she doesn't talk about them yet but she is sure interested in them on me and has just started noticing she has nipples on her chest too and will flick or pinch those when i am getting her dried off after a bath...I think its totally normal they are curious about thier bodies as well as ours and how else do they learn what is acceptable and not in regards to people touching them?...i just put her hand back on her own chest and tell her that those are mommy's and those are her's and do that until she stops

Brandy85412
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 7:47 PM

My kids are like that also. I'm the same way with them.

soulofsunmama
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 7:49 PM
Totally normal!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LKRA
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 9:31 PM
Totally normal. :) I asked my daughter (3 1/2 years old) the other day if she remembers nursing, and she said no. What kills me is that she last nursed in February! lol I think she's pulling my leg.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)