Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms
We made it to exclusively 6 1/2 month of ebfding !! I'm excited about that bc I only made it 10 weeks with my son .

She's now 7 months 1 week and she's not nursing anymore :( my milk is almost gone . I had supply issues at around 5 months but it just got worse :( .

Stress really affects my supply
:(.
But she's still really happy and that's all that matters !!!

Pic down in replies .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 4:08 PM
Replies (11-20):
melindabelcher
by mel on Jun. 28, 2012 at 5:08 PM
I agree with all the ladies shes adorable. But pump is not an indicator of supply. Only diaper count. 6 months is a growth spurt. And if you make sure your nursing before any solids there shouldn't be a problem
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_4509
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 5:11 PM

she was down 1 pee diaper in 24 1.2 hours . so i started supplemting . and she was nursing 3 times a day . and then she went to 2 times then just nursing before bedtime . and that stopped about 3 days ago. i try to offer it but she sucks then she pulls off and smiles . then she starts sucking then pulls off and smiles . she does this for about 10 mins then shes ready to quit .. so idk what to do .lol 

Quoting TTC2Long:

What a great smile! Congrats on 6 1/2 months!

As pps have said, pump output means nothing. It's really normal for your supply to regulate and pump output diminish though baby still gets what she needs directly from the tap. I was pumping 4oz per side for a while, but didn't worry when it dropped to 1 because of the lovely ladies in here. Ds' dipes were more than satisfactory, so I knew he was getting enough.

You CAN also, if you're working, have her care provider give formula during the day and nurse for her meals while you're home. Your body will adjust. It's not all or nothing. :)

TTC2Long
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 5:12 PM
What did your ibclc suggest?

Quoting mommy_4509:

she was down 1 pee diaper in 24 1.2 hours . so i started supplemting . and she was nursing 3 times a day . and then she went to 2 times then just nursing before bedtime . and that stopped about 3 days ago. i try to offer it but she sucks then she pulls off and smiles . then she starts sucking then pulls off and smiles . she does this for about 10 mins then shes ready to quit .. so idk what to do .lol 

Quoting TTC2Long:

As pps have said, pump output means nothing. It's really normal for your supply to regulate and pump output diminish though baby still gets what she needs directly from the tap. I was pumping 4oz per side for a while, but didn't worry when it dropped to 1 because of the lovely ladies in here. Ds' dipes were more than satisfactory, so I knew he was getting enough.

You CAN also, if you're working, have her care provider give formula during the day and nurse for her meals while you're home. Your body will adjust. It's not all or nothing. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_4509
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 5:15 PM

she wasnt getting solids . and i was feeding on demand . i did everything right . but i guess my body just didnt want to keep up . idk .. but her diapers were down 1 in 24 1/2 hours . so that worried me then i started supplementing 

Quoting melindabelcher:

I agree with all the ladies shes adorable. But pump is not an indicator of supply. Only diaper count. 6 months is a growth spurt. And if you make sure your nursing before any solids there shouldn't be a problem

mommy_4509
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 5:16 PM

i dont want to sound stupid but ibclc??

Quoting TTC2Long:

Quoting mommy_4509:

Quoting TTC2Long:

MumsTheWord571
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 5:17 PM
2 moms liked this
Congrats on 6 1/2 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 5:20 PM
Lol. No worries! :) Internationally Board Certified Lactation Consultant. That's who you call to help when you're having bf issues. She can help you troubleshoot and get back on the right path. Did you see anyone besides a pedi about this?

Quoting mommy_4509:

i dont want to sound stupid but ibclc??

Quoting TTC2Long:

Quoting mommy_4509:

Quoting TTC2Long:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilahsmommie
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 5:21 PM
That sounds like a medical issue. Her body should produce more urine than that without consuming anything.. Try pumping a little before offering her the breast. That way let down doesn't take long. Just pump long enough to stimulate let down. Also, most babies can completely drain your breast in less than 10 minutes. They were very efficient and good @ what they do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamabens
by Miranda on Jun. 28, 2012 at 5:23 PM

I agree with all pp's. One question...when she was only nursing 2-3 times a day  what was she getting the rest of the day? The sucking & \stopping sounds like a flow preference which means she was getting more used to the bottle flow & impatient with the breast flow which can be fixed. Congrats for making it to 6 1/2 months though

mem82
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats on a hard job done well! 8)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)