Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms
We made it to exclusively 6 1/2 month of ebfding !! I'm excited about that bc I only made it 10 weeks with my son .

She's now 7 months 1 week and she's not nursing anymore :( my milk is almost gone . I had supply issues at around 5 months but it just got worse :( .

Stress really affects my supply
:(.
But she's still really happy and that's all that matters !!!

Pic down in replies .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 4:08 PM
Replies (21-25):
mamabens
by Miranda on Jun. 28, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Oh & are you on any hormonal bc or could you be pregnant? Those are common reasons for supply to diminish.  Your milk just doesn't disappear overnight though, I've not bf in over a year & still have milk there, I can't get it out with a pump nor can I squeeze any out but ti's there.

Barronbaby
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 5:30 PM
Awesome job! I made it to 11 months... though lil man weaned himself. If I had it my way I would still be nursing him but he wasn't having that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Clh1989
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 5:41 PM
Good job!
mommy_4509
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 8:07 PM
Yeah no medical condition bc when I started aupplementing her diapers when up .

Quoting lilahsmommie:

That sounds like a medical issue. Her body should produce more urine than that without consuming anything.. Try pumping a little before offering her the breast. That way let down doesn't take long. Just pump long enough to stimulate let down. Also, most babies can completely drain your breast in less than 10 minutes. They were very efficient and good @ what they do.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jun. 29, 2012 at 12:57 AM

You did fine. If you WANT to try again, an internationally board certified lactation consultant is the person to see... NOT your doc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN