After 3 months, I think I give up. Edit *update!*
I have been is such bad pain since I had my baby.
My nipples hurt so fucking bad.
There are NO lactation consultants within an hour and a half from where I live.
I have had thrush for about 2 months straight... With 2 rounds of diflucan, 1 tube of triple nipple cream, gentian violet, I use cocnut oil often, and at this point I am not even sure if it's thrush anymore.
Maybe it's just a bad latch.
But I dont know how to fix it.
I have tried re-latching over and over and over.
And I feel like my nipples have been rubbed with wet sandpaper.
Around the edges of my nipples they are like a purple color and sometimes the middle of them
Are white and the whole nipple is red!
This fucking sucks.
I have great output with my pump. I think I'm just gonna stick to it and not try to breastfeed anymore.
Cause I am sick and tired of burning pain in my nipples. Cause the more I nurse the worse it gets. It makes me resent my baby because of the pain I am in from it sometimes (I feel so f-ed up for saying that) :(
Are any if you ladies miracle workers? Any advice?
1.What sounds does baby make when latching on?a clicking noise
2. What type of mouth movement?usually a tugging. but sometimes like shes clamping down
3. Any white spots in her mouth?No
4. Are you on probiotics? I take Acidopholis, I've been told thats basically worthless though
5. Was baby treated for thrush?No.
6. Have I made any dietary modifications?Some, I cut all the sugar out of my diet.. but when it didnt help and I started getting major sugar cravings.. I started eating sugars again..
7. Do I was my breasts with soap?Only when the suds from my shampoo or body wash drip down onto them.. but even then I just rinse it off and not wash them.
8. Have I been on antibiotics? Yes, I was treated for mastitis about 3 weeks into breastfeeding.
9. Do I use breast pads?Normally no. I use them at night occasionally, but most of the time no. And I use disposable.
10. Do I let them air dry, and keep them as dry as possible during the day?Every time
11. Is the baby getting any bottles or pacifiers?Yes
12. Has there been any period of time when nipples have been pain free?Yes, but only when I am only pumping
13. When is the pain worst?In the middle/end of the feed and inbetween. They get really sore
14. Do I do anything to nipples before or after I nurse?After I nurse I just let them air dry. Before pumping I use coconut oil to keep them from rubbing.Now, I am using triple nipple cream that my Doctor perscribed me
15. Does she have any unusual poops? Gassiness? Diaper Rashes? Frothy Poop?She had some mean diaper rash about a month ago that her doctor perscribed her medicine for. Sometimes when she nurses she has greenish poops. Gassiness, not really, What does frothy poop mean?
16. What does the nipple look like after I take it out of babys mouth? Sometimes it looks like a new tube of lipstick, but most of the time now it looks like normal, just extended. But it will usually have a white line across it like it has been creased or something.
17. Does the whiteness get worse if exposed to air or cold?No not normally, they do get really hard and sometimes hurt if they get cold though
18. &19 I will have to check when she is not sleeping
So! It was thrush!
We went to a lc, she said no tounge tie and she has a good latch..
But when she saw my nipples se said that was most definitely thrush!
To treat we used gentian violet, I am on a 21 day course of diflucan, coconut oil, taking grapefruit seed extract and probiotics. Boiling everything! And cut carbs & sugar out of my diet!
Started that last friday!
So far have had 3 days of pain free nursing!
Yay yay yay!!!