Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

solids

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 11:29 AM
  • 6 Replies
I know this is asked all the time, but when did you start giving your kids normal food and not just pureed and like the dissolvable crackers and stuff.

Yes I know they don't need solids until later, but we have started them and I feel it may be time to give something more than the puree and cracker things. My ds is about 8.5 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jjchick75
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 12:12 PM

We never did purees and alot of the women in this group did the same. I always start solids around 8 or 9 months and just give them pieces of soft fruits and veggies to chew on. None of my kids have ever had purees. If baby is truly ready for solids, they don't need purees. Check out baby led solids. 

booboo1103
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 12:18 PM

As long as it's soft, small pieces if they can pick it up and put it in their own mouth then they are probably ready.  If they don't have the skills to feed themselves then I would hold off, but most are ready by 8-9 months.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jun. 30, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Never purees. Normal food frm the get-go at six months. Banana, avocado, potato... save your money and don't bother with the infant food aisle. **smile**

slransde
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 1:00 PM
thanks!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 4:18 PM
Like they said, you never need to do purees. My DD was eating chicken enchiladas at 8.5 months.
sreichelt26
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 4:38 PM

we never did purees or dissolvable stuff. Just bite size pieces of real food or regular crackers. She automatically would take little bites of stuff.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)