Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Is this not to much?? I'm I wrong??

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 4:04 AM
  • 19 Replies
My neighbors baby is Gabriel's age Well, about 2 weeks younger... well they were over and he got hungry so she mixed half stage 3 container (idk what it was but it was a dinner of some sort) 4 tables spoons of rice cereal and about an oz of water... The baby ate it all then he had a 8oz bottle of formula, I thought it was a bit much I said "oh wow Gabriel eats rice cereal in the AM and what ever I make for dinner at night" she said "oh no My baby eats like this 3 times a day plus chips if we buy some and juice sometimes"

Am I wrong is that NOT too much??
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 4:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babesprincess03
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 4:08 AM
Oh Gabriel is 7 months
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Jul. 1, 2012 at 4:17 AM
Wow! All i can say is wow!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MonicaAnne
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 4:55 AM
That's A lot of food for 7 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
workinm0mmy
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 5:10 AM
I'm sorry the worst part is chips??? He's 7 months and that's a regular part of his diet. It seems like too much. My ds is only 3 months and my dd is 8 yrs so it's been along time. But also at 7 months shouldn't the bottle be first then a little solids?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
treasure1212
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 5:13 AM
That sound like my ex roommates daughter . We went to their place for a bar b que and she gave her 7month old daughter a 10 oz bottle of hawian (sp) punch then gave her a bottle of jared baby food after she watered it down so it was thin enough to get through the bottle. I was so shocked and appalled I just kept my mouth shut . Untill they asked when I was going to start my dd on solids . I just told them that she will start in a few more months if she is ready then. And they asked if I wanted a bottle of punch for my dd . I said no she's still to young for that . Even my SO was shocked at what they gave their baby and he's a first time dad. This is their 3rd . I'm so glad I don't live with them anymore
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babesprincess03
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 5:14 AM
Hmmm idk I give Gabriel his rice cereal after he wakes up from his morning nap with 1oz of water (which is my next question)

Quoting workinm0mmy:

I'm sorry the worst part is chips??? He's 7 months and that's a regular part of his diet. It seems like too much. My ds is only 3 months and my dd is 8 yrs so it's been along time. But also at 7 months shouldn't the bottle be first then a little solids?

workinm0mmy
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 7:01 AM
I'm skipping cereal with this baby. At least I think that's the plan. If he gets it I will make it with breastmilk. But bfing should always be before solids when they are that young So nurse then give cereal (if that's what you want) I've just read cereal can cause future allergies. Idk it's always changing. :)

Quoting babesprincess03:

Hmmm idk I give Gabriel his rice cereal after he wakes up from his morning nap with 1oz of water (which is my next question)

Quoting workinm0mmy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama02040608
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 7:22 AM
1 mom liked this
You should always BF first then give solids. That way, solids aren't replacing a nursing and he is filling his tummy with the good stuff first. Solids aren't strictly *needed* in the first year.

Quoting babesprincess03:

Quoting workinm0mmy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoyfulMommy1221
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 9:15 AM
Sounds typical for a formula fed baby...sadly. Most ff babies have had their stomach's stretched because they need to drink more formula than a bf baby needs to drink breastmilk. So when they start solids, they eat a lot. Also, mom might not follow baby's cues and then overfeed which stretches the stomach more.
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jul. 1, 2012 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah sounds normal for a FF baby honestly, FF babies are notoriously overfed and he NEEDS those solids most likely for nutrition..though not the chips.

YOUR baby needs to be nursed before any solids and its best to skip the fortified cereals as they cause anemia.  And yeah be careful only give water if you nursed fully, then he had solids and wanted a sip..but personaly I would just nurse again instead.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)