Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is just one reason why i breastfed other than health benefits. I found this and thought you'd all enjoy it :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 11:30 PM
Replies (21-30):
SchmidtyBaby
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Good thing I happened to be pumping while watching this on a break at work. Hearing that newborn cry caused let down big time:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
R3G1N4_L0V3
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 5:48 PM

BUMP!

AubreeGrace17
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 6:39 PM

It doesn't take quite that long to make a bottle. I exclusively pump (as my son cannot latch) and I don't find it that time consuming.

justone_jen
by Jen on Jul. 2, 2012 at 6:51 PM
1 mom liked this

If I wake up at all at night, it's just to help her find my nipple. :)

tsmcconnell
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 6:56 PM
I noticed rhe swing immediately too. And it takes me like 45 min to nurse.....then again, i get to lay down n snuggle so who cares!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Elizabeth on Jul. 2, 2012 at 7:09 PM
3 moms liked this
The World Health Organization states that to properly make a bottle of formula, the water needs to be boiled and immediately poured into the powdered formula because formula isn't sterilized. Over 900 infants a year die due to formula. Some people either don't even know that, or they know that and don't really care. If I ever had to give formula, I'd do everything I could to make sure it was as safe as possible.

Quoting Hoevegirl1986:

My aunt who works for mead johnson in zeeland mich said that u dont have to boil it. That its just to cover there butts bc some ppl r stupid. Is that true.

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Imagine if she was actually properly making the bottle : boiling the faucet water and then pouring the boiling water immediately into the powdered formula because formula isn't sterile and it should be before being fed to an infant. Then waiting for it to cool down. That process would take much longer. :)

Yay for boobies! Hehe ;)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
outstandingLove
by Cheri on Jul. 2, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

The World Health Organization states that to properly make a bottle of formula, the water needs to be boiled and immediately poured into the powdered formula because formula isn't sterilized. Over 900 infants a year die due to formula. Some people either don't even know that, or they know that and don't really care. If I ever had to give formula, I'd do everything I could to make sure it was as safe as possible.

Quoting Hoevegirl1986:

My aunt who works for mead johnson in zeeland mich said that u dont have to boil it. That its just to cover there butts bc some ppl r stupid. Is that true.

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Imagine if she was actually properly making the bottle : boiling the faucet water and then pouring the boiling water immediately into the powdered formula because formula isn't sterile and it should be before being fed to an infant. Then waiting for it to cool down. That process would take much longer. :)

Yay for boobies! Hehe ;)

There has to be a reason they need their butts covered. And people being stupid is not the reason.

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jul. 2, 2012 at 7:38 PM
See. That is part of the problem. The formula companies tell people that they don't have to boil the water and are putting babies' lives at risk!

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Quoting Hoevegirl1986:

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Yay for boobies! Hehe ;)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
casanderson1
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 7:38 PM
3 moms liked this
It's even easier for me lol, all I do is pull my shirt down and pop my boob in his mouth and we both fall back asleep. Yay for BFing and cosleeping :)
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Elizabeth on Jul. 2, 2012 at 8:02 PM
I know :(
And then their pedi's tell them it's not necessary!

Quoting aehanrahan:

See. That is part of the problem. The formula companies tell people that they don't have to boil the water and are putting babies' lives at risk!

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Quoting Hoevegirl1986:

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Yay for boobies! Hehe ;)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)