Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hot weather bf in Disney

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 8:57 AM
  • 31 Replies
We are taking LO to Disney.. I know y'all think I'm crazy for going in July with. 17 month old but that's just how it worked out... Just wanted to know if anyone had bf their toddler in Disney and was it acceptable to their staff and the other people around? Not that i care just wanted to know someones experiance..I normally wear 2 shirts so I can bf in public but the 90+ weather prolly won't allow that. Sooo not sure what I will do at this point... Any tips on keeping my little ginger baby kool other than staying in doors during the hot afternoon hrs?? Tnx guys
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 8:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aandie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this
No one notices at disney and no one has ever said anything to me. If you dont have a stroller fan I would get one. Other than that just tons of water.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SullyCat86
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 9:08 AM
5 moms liked this
They have ac rooms at certain areas of the park that have rocking chairs and a closed door to breastfeed in. Its super nice and even has a kitchen and bathroom. Check your park map when you get there. I think its the diaper changing stations.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JaxMomma78
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 9:12 AM
I give ds a cool, wet cloth to hold. He is only 7 mo but he sucks on it and plays with it. I think it helps when is super hot. Esp when I can put ice water on it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cutestmom24
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 9:12 AM
I live in fl so my only suggestion is wait till after 2pm to go outside which I think will probably be impossable as you want to go to the disney parks early so that y'all could enjoy the whole park.I'm pretty sure they have cooling areas(take avantage of those)
I have seen little battery operated fans you could hang on each side of your dd's stroller so that she could stay cool.keep a hat on her little head.oh and don't forget the baby sunscreen.
Hope you enjoy your disney trip :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stardar
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 9:17 AM
We should wait till after 2? I figured it would be hottest after 2? We are staying 8 days so I'm not worried about rushing around.. He won't wear a hat either :/... Im locked and loaded with sunscreen and I'm going to buy fans this week.. Tnx :)

Quoting cutestmom24:

I live in fl so my only suggestion is wait till after 2pm to go outside which I think will probably be impossable as you want to go to the disney parks early so that y'all could enjoy the whole park.I'm pretty sure they have cooling areas(take avantage of those)

I have seen little battery operated fans you could hang on each side of your dd's stroller so that she could stay cool.keep a hat on her little head.oh and don't forget the baby sunscreen.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cutestmom24
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 9:34 AM
It is really hot in the am right now as I wirte this is 85 degrees the temp will reach 91

It is really hot in the am and noon hour at around 2 it starts getting breezy and cooling down.

Quoting Stardar:

We should wait till after 2? I figured it would be hottest after 2? We are staying 8 days so I'm not worried about rushing around.. He won't wear a hat either :/... Im locked and loaded with sunscreen and I'm going to buy fans this week.. Tnx :)

Quoting cutestmom24:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stardar
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 9:35 AM
Okay tnx :)

Quoting cutestmom24:

It is really hot in the am right now as I wirte this is 85 degrees the temp will reach 91

It is really hot in the am and noon hour at around 2 it starts getting breezy and cooling down.

Quoting Stardar:

Quoting cutestmom24:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jul. 3, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Breastfed ALL OVER Disney. They don't care.

JamieLyn822
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 11:05 AM
There are baby care stations in each park with nice places to nurse out of the heat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jul. 3, 2012 at 12:39 PM
Are you going to Disney in California or Florida? That makes a difference. The weather in Florida is different than California.

Quoting Stardar:

Okay tnx :)

Quoting cutestmom24:

Quoting Stardar:

Quoting cutestmom24:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)