Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Brestfeeding with out a cover

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 6:56 PM
  • 24 Replies

One of the issues i have is brestfeeding out in public and i am really forcing my self to get over it but one of the issues i am having is the fact that i cant use a cover or even my sling...when i use the cover she will emediatly unlach and make a huge fuss and when it comes to the sling she dont like it at all

Now my question is is it ok to brestfeed with out a cover of some sort when out and about. That seems to be the only way i will possibly be able to do it...is it ok?

by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 6:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cleo07
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 7:47 PM
3 moms liked this
It's the only way I nurse. Wear two shirts. The top one gets pulled up, the bottom one pushed down and the stomach stays covered. Practice at home so you can do it without thinking.
amiesmomma
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 7:51 PM
Yes!! Tank tops a great for this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rose87
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Quoting Cleo07:

It's the only way I nurse. Wear two shirts. The top one gets pulled up, the bottom one pushed down and the stomach stays covered. Practice at home so you can do it without thinking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saltyalley1227
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 7:53 PM
Yes it is ok and your legal right protected by law! If you're worried about modesty you can wear layers and do one shirt up, one shirt down. That works for me and when she's latched nothing shows. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ft.Stewart_wife
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Yup this is what I do. Damon hates the nursing cover. 

Quoting Cleo07:

MaryJarrett
by Mary on Jul. 3, 2012 at 8:04 PM
This.

I don't layer usually but that's up to you

Quoting saltyalley1227:

Yes it is ok and your legal right protected by law! If you're worried about modesty you can wear layers and do one shirt up, one shirt down. That works for me and when she's latched nothing shows. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kona211
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 9:44 PM
I use the two shirt method and no one can even tell I'm nursing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ListaPaMas
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 9:48 PM
when I go out I try to wear double shirts but when im home I dont but I get dirty looks from my mom when compy comes to the house and im breeastfeeding or she tells me to cover up cuz she hates that I show my boobs it makes me so mad but shes my mom wat can I do ugh sorry just jad to get it off my chest but go ahead ad nurse its up to u
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jul. 3, 2012 at 10:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Not only OK... best way to conceal what you're oing is NOT to conceal it at all. Like the Purloined Letter, hide in plain sight.

The one time I covered, I drew stares. Never covered again and became the Invisible Woman.

If anyone gives you trouble, remind 'em Adam and Eve were NOT cast fronmt eh Garden for nakedness but for disobedience... and covering up is what gave God the clear clue.

MylittlePea
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 10:06 PM
I nurse a toddler without a cover it's normalizes it you should be worried about it it should just be natural
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)