Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Failure.... but okay with it.

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:59 AM
  • 19 Replies

I do feel like a failure. I only EBF my twins for I think was 2 weeks. It was all such a blur now when I try to recall. I know that they started to have small orange spots in their diapers, found out that it was called "brick dust" and that meant that they were dehydrated. We started supplementing formula right away. I never really enjoyed breast feeding, it may be more enjoyable with one baby at a time. I will try again if I have a singleton. They are still getting breast milk, I am pumping and bottle feeding. We do about 60% bm and 40% formula. I still kinda feel like a failure and that I shouldn't be allowed in this group or the LLL that I used to go to. I don't feel like I am "in" with that crowd anymore and will be looked down upon as a failure. I just wanted to reach out and see who else may feel this way. 

by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 7:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melindabelcher
by mel on Jul. 4, 2012 at 8:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Your doing awesome!!! One drop equals success. Formula is there for times like this!
You rock and are definetly welcome here!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kona211
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 8:08 AM
Don't feel bad momma! It was hard enough and a blur with one! I think you get an award just for having twins!! A friend of mine had a similar problem with her twins and ended up just pumping as long as she could and no one that I know of looked down on her. We were all just in awe that she was still functioning coherently after as little rest as she was getting!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Traceyssel
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 8:17 AM
1 mom liked this

I only breastfed my son for 8 weeks, I feel horrible about it. I plan to breastfeed #2 as long as I can, but I still feel #1 is missing out.

07lilmama1108
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 8:26 AM
Failure?!! NO WAY!!!! You're doing amazing!!! They're also STILL getting bm so you're double amazing! My first never got a drop of bm, i never tried... that's a failure!! Good job!!!!! Congratulations!!!! Way to go!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dragonbabies
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 12:31 PM

thanks ladies!

silka08
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 12:33 PM
Not a failure. Any drop counts. Are you content with how things are going? If so, thats all that matters. If youre not content you can try to change things. At the end of the day it doesnt matter what we or LLL think.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cabrandy03
by Brandy on Jul. 4, 2012 at 12:34 PM

It's awesome that your still pumping and giving as much breastmilk as you can!  Thats success in my book  :)

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jul. 4, 2012 at 1:03 PM
2 moms liked this

Did a baby die?

No?

No failure.

End of story.

maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 2:45 PM

I think it is great that you are still providing so much breastmilk for them. Pumping is a lot of work!

hriabywx4
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 3:36 PM
You belong here and at the LLL meeting if that is where you choose to be! You are NOT a failure! You have a very valuable experience that will help you in the future and might help another mom that is going through a similar experience!!! You are amazing for continuing to pump for your babies! Way to go!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN