I am required to go out of state for training for work and have to leave my baby with my parents while I am gone. I have no more stored BM as I am a teacher and off for the summer- so I have been feeding and not pumping. (I know- I should have thought ahead and pumped more...) However, my now 81/2 month old baby will be bottle fed formula while I am gone. I have given him a few bottles recently to get used to it and to make sure that he could handle it okay. He does. Which is both good and sad.
My questions are:
1. Do you think he will wean completely from my breast while I am gone?
2. Will I be able to retrain him to my breast when I get back?
3. If I lose some og my "volume" of milk production, will it come back?
4. Since I had originally planned on EBF for 6 months, should I just wean him off BF?
5. I plan on pumping while at the conference but I am going to be 20 hours away and in conference 8 hours a day in a classroom. No access to refridgerator until after 4 pm every day. Will a cooler in my car be enough to keep it cool until I get back to the hotel to freeze it? Or pump and dump?
Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me!