Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

breastfeeding while pregnant

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 2:19 PM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this
So I took a test and it was very positive. I have no idea how far along I am, but now I'm wondering if those "twitchy uterus" moments were early fetal movements 0_o

I've been noticing lately the girls have wanted to nurse a lot less, and I have such random moments of getting really full feeling one day and the next it's like I'm producing bare minimum. My pump output has greatly varied lately too.

I know it's fine to nurse, but can I still pump? I do so 4 times a day still. And when did your milk change? I suspect I'm 12+ wks. Ill be getting in asap to date the pregnancy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lilydoyle
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 2:23 PM
Um, you can stil bf while pg, but idk why you're pumping. It seems like your dd's are self-weaning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carolyntx
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 2:28 PM
I'm pumping because one of my daughters has low muscle tone and doesn't transfer milk as effectively so I give her bottles as well as nurse her.

Quoting lilydoyle:

Um, you can stil bf while pg, but idk why you're pumping. It seems like your dd's are self-weaning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on Jul. 4, 2012 at 2:33 PM
Yes you can pump. many women lose most of their supply during pregnancy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jul. 4, 2012 at 4:07 PM
You can continue pumping since you've been pumping all along. Pumping is only dangerous when the mom hasn't been nursing or pumping throughout the pregnancy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jul. 4, 2012 at 4:09 PM
Keep an eye on the diaper outputs. Some moms notice that they dry up in the second trimester. You might need to use more donor milk if that happens.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN