Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I feel so embarrassed

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 8:08 PM
mel
  • 32 Replies
I've never had any problem nip, in front of ppl whatever I just do it
Today we have several close families (like I've grown up with them close) from church over for a cookout. Ellie(3mo) starts fussing at the table while we're all talking I put her on, no one notices. Down stairs someone turns on a video but the kids had played with the nobs and so it was blaring for a quick second. Ellie freaks pops off screaming, two ppl saw my nipple. The guy throws me a blanket and says "this is pg, you need a room for that?" Starts laughing and whispering about it (like a, "did you see that")with the woman who saw it. :(
I just wanted to cry and disappear. Ellie was freaking out from all the talking/laughing so i'm just sitting in my bed. Nursing and hanging out with the baby.
Dh says its the risk you take when you bf, thinks maybe next time to cover with them because modesty is a big thing with alot of them.
I've just never felt so low :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ruby_jewel_04
by Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 8:11 PM
19 moms liked this

It was their issue not yours. It is YOUR home. if they dont like it THEY can leave. I think it was rude of them. You did NOTHING wrong. 

RachelS2005
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 8:13 PM
2 moms liked this
((hugs)) my FIL was like that. A lil worse actually, even if I was covered up he would leave the room as soon as we were getting ready to latch. Now if I was just hanging out with the ladies there, I wouldnt bother covering. I just kinda base it on people's reactions. If they seem uncomfortable I'll cover. It's just too many people are uneducated about it. I don't pay attention anymore if I NIP. your baby is hungry, you feed her. People can get over it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by Ruby Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 8:21 PM
8 moms liked this

How incredibly rude and hurtful of them! I am so sorry.. ((hugs)) 

You did absolutely nothing to be embarassed over.. nothing. A baby gets startled and a mom gets accidentally exposed, and they have the NERVE to laugh, gossip, and shame you? Do not give them a second thought, Mel.. very un-Christlike behavior on their part, IMHO.

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  to make friends and share advice on breastfeeding,      
   babywearing, bedsharing, gentle discipline, and natural foods, health, and cleaners! ♥

catholicmamamia
by Ruby Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this

hugs 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  to make friends and share advice on breastfeeding,      
   babywearing, bedsharing, gentle discipline, and natural foods, health, and cleaners! ♥

blg5484
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this

hugs they are grown ups and should have acted like they are you were feeding your child not doing a table dance strip tease

jwkaye
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 8:31 PM
Hugs! It is their problem if they can't handle how God made us to work, absolutely not yours.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jul. 4, 2012 at 9:35 PM
2 moms liked this

"My 12 year old knows what a breast looks like. Don't you?"

BambiF
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Laugh it off!! I had the same thing happen at McDonalds afew weeks ago.  This other customer got an eye full, then we made eye contact and he quickly looked away like.
 It happens.  I don't really cover, but when Im that close to others I may just throw a burp rag over the mouth-to-boob area just incase ;)

BambiF
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 9:40 PM
4 moms liked this

I don't know your family but it sounds like, to me, that the man was just making light of an awkard situation (and no matter how you slice it, revealing your nipple at the dinner table is awkard).
 Don't let it get to you. *hugs*

ashleywagoner
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2012 at 9:42 PM
Sorry mama. I would just try to let it slide down my back.

Quoting catholicmamamia:

hugs 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)