Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

nurse in...

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 2:10 PM
  • 10 Replies
so there is a nurse in on friday and it is gonna be great!! the news should be there too. if any of ya are in or around denver colorado feel free to stop by! http://www.facebook.com/events/392022370859324/
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fullxbusymom
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Would NEVER these accomplish nothing and simply puts a bad light on breastfeeding moms.

flowersmama
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this

i can see where it would if it was a group of shirtless freaks, but not if it is done in a modest way...

its not like its gonna vulgar like the pictures the anti abortion protesters & their pictures of mangled fetuses

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Would NEVER these accomplish nothing and simply puts a bad light on breastfeeding moms.

TTC2Long
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this
If I was local, I'd be there in an instant! :) Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kimbyann
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 6:49 PM
Ooooh that turned my stomach and made me sad....

Quoting flowersmama:

i can see where it would if it was a group of shirtless freaks, but not if it is done in a modest way...

its not like its gonna vulgar like the pictures the anti abortion protesters & their pictures of mangled fetuses

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flowersmama
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 6:53 PM

yeah it does to me too & worse to the babies in the pictures who are not cozy in the womb... sorry i mentioned them, its the truth, but still makes my point that a nurse in is not offensive or vulgar 

Quoting Kimbyann:

Ooooh that turned my stomach and made me sad....

Quoting flowersmama:

Quoting fullxbusymom:

annaica
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 7:42 PM
I Am always up for a nurse in :) too bad I Am in Iowa!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fullxbusymom
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 8:26 PM

It still in the long run accomplishes nothing in my opinion and honestly the only thing I have ever seen it accomplish is put a bad light for breastfeeding moms.  It makes breastfeeding moms look like they are forcing it in everyones faces, then it ends up on the news and you have more people scrutinizing breastfeeding even more so than is already done. 

Quoting flowersmama:

Quoting fullxbusymom:

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jul. 11, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Most nurse-ins don't make the news anymore. Rather old hat. And they do tend to accomplish things. more so than, say, the long-standing Nestle boycott ever did. Or than the Million Moms have.

catholicmamamia
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 2:54 AM

Good Luck! 

♥♥ Join us in  
Crunchy Moms  to make friends and share advice on breastfeeding,      
   babywearing, bedsharing, gentle discipline, and natural foods, health, and cleaners! ♥

TTC2Long
by on Jul. 12, 2012 at 3:11 AM
It does if you only watch Fox "News." Oops! Did I just say that?? Yes I did.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

It still in the long run accomplishes nothing in my opinion and honestly the only thing I have ever seen it accomplish is put a bad light for breastfeeding moms.  It makes breastfeeding moms look like they are forcing it in everyones faces, then it ends up on the news and you have more people scrutinizing breastfeeding even more so than is already done. 

Quoting flowersmama:

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN